SSGT Bob Reynolds RAPC

Hi i'm looking for some information about my dads life in the army, and would love to hear from anyone who knew him, i hope these pics jog some memories. Thanks alot Lyndsay

I have managed to find a little more info from my birth certificate, it says he was a sergeant in 1981 and was attached to the 3 regiment army air corps and was possibly based somewhere near Iserlohn in germany. I have also had a reply on the RAPC site where someone remembers serving with him in the Army pay office in Ashton under line around 1983-1984 but he doesn't mention which regiment they were with at the time. Does anyone know where i can find more info about the Air corps?

elovabloke

ADC
lyndsay said:
I have managed to find a little more info from my birth certificate, it says he was a sergeant in 1981 and was attached to the 3 regiment army air corps and was possibly based somewhere near Iserlohn in germany. I have also had a reply on the RAPC site where someone remembers serving with him in the Army pay office in Ashton under line around 1983-1984 but he doesn't mention which regiment they were with at the time. Does anyone know where i can find more info about the Air corps?
lyndsay. Bob served with 3 RTR in Hemer in the late 80's early 90's ISTR but we have searched around the current 3RTR thread and other RTR web sites but we have drawn a bit of a blank.

Ashton Under Lyne was not a posting with a Regiment. It was the organisation which looked after the pay accounts for all army officers at that time.

In fact Ashton was a very large RAPC office with quite a number of SNCO's posted there. I definetely recognise Bob's photo and remember him as a good bloke. Sorry I do not have more information.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
boney_m Royal Signals 10
3 Royal Signals 9
8 Royal Signals 26