SSGT Bob Reynolds RAPC

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by lyndsay, Feb 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i'm looking for some information about my dads life in the army, and would love to hear from anyone who knew him, i hope these pics jog some memories. Thanks alot Lyndsay
  2. Just noticed, you're from County Durham. Not East Durham are you? (Like me)
  3. I'm actually in Darlington lol.
  4. have you tried the association?
  5. sorry to be a bit thick, but association??????
  6. Yeah, i have put a thread in there forum aswell.
  7. I have managed to find a little more info from my birth certificate, it says he was a sergeant in 1981 and was attached to the 3 regiment army air corps and was possibly based somewhere near Iserlohn in germany. I have also had a reply on the RAPC site where someone remembers serving with him in the Army pay office in Ashton under line around 1983-1984 but he doesn't mention which regiment they were with at the time. Does anyone know where i can find more info about the Air corps?
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

lyndsay. Bob served with 3 RTR in Hemer in the late 80's early 90's ISTR but we have searched around the current 3RTR thread and other RTR web sites but we have drawn a bit of a blank.
  9. thanks for you help, i know more then i did a few days ago. I knew it wouldn't be easy tracking information down.
  10. Ashton Under Lyne was not a posting with a Regiment. It was the organisation which looked after the pay accounts for all army officers at that time.
  11. In fact Ashton was a very large RAPC office with quite a number of SNCO's posted there. I definetely recognise Bob's photo and remember him as a good bloke. Sorry I do not have more information.
  12. Thanks for your replys, every little bit helps
  13. check your pms
  14. My private messages, i don't have any