Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SSFA / SFA

My husband has been posted in the north west with an assignment order due to start 1 May. He applied for SFA and was issued with a NAC certificate due to no accommodation available within 2 days. He completed this and sent it back but my question is how long does it take Mears group to come back with potential houses, also we were not given any information on how many bedrooms we are entitled too, I have a 16 year old son who lives with us permanently and my husband has 2 children 10 and 12 years old with his previous partner, they tend to stay with us every weekend and during the school holidays. I’ve read that we may only get offered a 2 bedroom house as his children don’t live with us full time. If this is the case then we won’t have the room to have them, they live over an hour away and would not be fair on them to just see them for a few hours. It looks to me that the military are penalising separated parents and therefore saying your not allowed to have your children staying over unless they sleep on the floor! Any help please on this would be appreciated

My husband has been posted in the north west with an assignment order due to start 1 May. He applied for SFA and was issued with a NAC certificate due to no accommodation available within 2 days. He completed this and sent it back but my question is how long does it take Mears group to come back with potential houses, also we were not given any information on how many bedrooms we are entitled too, I have a 16 year old son who lives with us permanently and my husband has 2 children 10 and 12 years old with his previous partner, they tend to stay with us every weekend and during the school holidays. I’ve read that we may only get offered a 2 bedroom house as his children don’t live with us full time. If this is the case then we won’t have the room to have them, they live over an hour away and would not be fair on them to just see them for a few hours. It looks to me that the military are penalising separated parents and therefore saying your not allowed to have your children staying over unless they sleep on the floor! Any help please on this would be appreciated
Where did you read that rubbish? The military has been accommodating children from previous relationships with shared parenting for years.
Have a look at JSP 752 Para 02.0109 which defines what a child is (for SFA purposes) and JSP 464 Vol 1 Part 1, (Para 0331 is particularly relevant).

Where did you read that rubbish? The military has been accommodating children from previous relationships with shared parenting for years.
Have a look at JSP 752 Para 02.0109 which defines what a child is (for SFA purposes) and JSP 464 Vol 1 Part 1, (Para 0331 is particularly relevant).
We read it in the confirmation after the e1132 was submitted, they informed us we are only entitled to a 2 bedroom home (type b) property due to only having 1 child living with us !

We read it in the confirmation after the e1132 was submitted, they informed us we are only entitled to a 2 bedroom home (type b) property due to only having 1 child living with us !

Your other half needs to get on to his current Welfare Coc, so that they can contact the gaining Unit Welfare Coc.

JSP 752 Para 02.0109 which defines what a child is (for SFA purposes)
02.0109. Child. For the purpose of these regulations, except where otherwise stated, a child is defined as a legitimate or legitimated child or step-child of either or both of the spouses/civil partners; a child statutorily adopted by either or both of the spouses/civil partners; a child of the family (a legal term meaning any other child who is being brought up in the household of the husband/wife/civil partners at their expense or was so being brought up immediately before the spouses/civil partners were estranged, separated by legal order, divorced or the civil partnership was dissolved or before the death of the husband, wife or civil partner). A child is deemed to be below the age of majority (18 years). If over that age, a son or daughter must be 24 years or under (but see Paragraphs 10.0209c and d and 10.0210c and d for School Children’s Visits for those with Special 1 The same route planner is to be used within a unit, as directed by the Chain of Command. 2 - 1 - 2 JSP 752 (v45 Jan 21) Before advising on or making a claim read the Principles in Ch 1 and Responsibilities in Ch 4 Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) up to age 25) unmarried or not in a civil partnership and in receipt of full-time education at a school, college or university (studying for a first degree only), or be out of full-time education for up to one year between secondary education and further education. The age limits do not apply to a son or daughter who is physically or mentally incapable of contributing to their own support.

JSP 464 vol 1 part 2 Annex C to Chap 2

. 8. Children: For the purposes of SFA allocation, a child is defined as ‘the natural child, or the adopted child of the Service person or his or her spouse, civil partner or other partner in respect of whom a Service Declaration has been made; or a child of the family 5 who is below the age of majority (18 years of age). Unborn children, who are expected to be born within 6 months of occupation of SFA, are to be counted as members of the family. Exceptions to the age limit above are: - Dependent children who are under age 25, unmarried and in receipt of full-time education at school, 6th Form College, College of Further Education or an Institute of Higher Education (e.g. university), studying up to and including 1st degree level only and where the dependant child continues to reside with the parents in SFA, providing there is no more than a break of one academic year between the secondary and further

5 A term meaning any other child who is being brought up in the household of the husband/wife at his/her expense, or was so brought up immediately before the spouse/civil partners were estranged, separated by legal order, divorced or before their marriage was annulled or before the death of the wife/husband/partner, e.g. a child for whom one is a legal guardian.