SSE Boss Warns of "Lights Going Out"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Legallybald, Mar 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Of course it's got nothing to do with successive governments dithering over building nuclear plants and dealing with the nuclear waste issue.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Build nuclear! Frac the f**k out of Lancashire! Dig up more coal!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Well unless the weather improves soon we are going to be well and truly in the clag ... and the lights may be going out earlier ....

Linky ... Britain faces gas supply crisis as storage runs dry | Reuters

It is comforting to see how well we plan for a balanced , secure energy resource for the nation .

4. Candles and log fires it is then.

5. Is the Forestry Commission still selling off bits of forest?

6. You realise you have just started the panic buying of candles and logs .... must go now .... back in about an hour .

7. If the lights go out I've little intention of paying for the wood to be honest.

8. Try grabbing some of mine and you will hear the sound of my 870 lock'n'loading boy!

9. I've got one of those.....

10. Well you can't point it if you have your hands full of my fecking wood can you?

• Like Like x 2
  11. I've still got 4 months supply of wood.......

That should get me through to spring.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I remember reading in an edition of the Annual report and accounts of the Noth of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board from 1979, there was a very interesting article regarding their experimental wind turbines in Orkney. It was decided to shut them down because, Guess...............They were uneconomic and unreliable!

• Like Like x 2