Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by dui-lai, Sep 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just got back to work and heard that any new commissions for PAMS are, and I stress "possibly", going to be SSC only (6 years) with no chance to progress to IRC unless they transfer to MSO (which the chances of that happening being bugger all! :evil: ).

First, if this is true, are you people in MCM Div trying to kill off the PAMS in the Regular RAMC?? (my guess is yes!)

And if so, why? Purely fiscal?? Think you can get the same cheaper, think again! The NHS now pays more than the military, well in my "area" of work anyway!

Comments please!!! Even from you Venty!
  2. What do you mean "possibly" if the proposed policy is brought in next year it will be SSC only "definately".

Also it not only affects any future commissions but also any that are already commissioned, but do nat have IRC yet.

P.S. as to your second sentence I would tend to agree.

P.P.S. if you haven't been at work have you been anywhere nice?
  3. No it wasn't a very nice place, they tended to try and mortar me :evil:
  4. Are you trying to tell us that they didn't like you either :twisted:
  5. I am soooooooooo hurt by that comment :cry:

Only joking mate its good to hear your back safe and sound.
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Dui- I really have missed you.

8. I'm touched :wink:
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

We know!!
  10. By your local Roman Catholic priest I heard 8O
  11. On numerous's you matey??
  12. Do PAMs/AHPs deserve anymore than 6 years before moving on? Maybe if they moved earlier then others in the trades would be more likely to stay in/accept continuance etc because of the enhanced opportunity to commision rather than watch those with the commissions sit in those positions forever, blocking others with similar ambitions.
    Nurses with commissions dont just stay within their trade, they move around, go to field units as Sqn I/Cs, command positions at units such as CO, 2I/C, ATRs, recruiting, MCM Div posts etc.. which makes them more employable than AHPs/PAMs Officers. They may be doing superb jobs within their trades, but the Army is a big place, it needs people who can adapt without stamping of feet, tears, tantrums and the threats of 'I'm leaving if you make me do that'

How many of our techie officers would stay in if it meant transfering to MSO? How many would be able to do the job? most of them have never served at field units or been anything other than a techie while theyve been in the Army. Not their fault but it does leave them miles behind the curve compared to nursing officers and MSOs (even those who were gym queens in a previous life) and therefore less employable by the Army, why give them more than a SSC?
  13. Foxy,

MSOs will never allow Techie Officers to take over any slots, mark my words!! QAs have managed to get some slots but the grey mafia has forced the issue, however they are first and foremost nurses, not MSOs. If they would allow techie Officers to move around and gain experince, I think that would be a damn good idea. However, it'll never happen :roll:

As for 6 year SSC only, it'll kill the PAMs. Who wants a 6 year commission only? Why bother! What will our trainees have to aspire to?
  14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You, you mad claymore wielding red haired maniac!!
  15. I see the ODP officer has been granted the IRC due his employability not being limited to sitting in his office saying 'say hold your breath and then press the button' or 'tell them that they can chuck their muck in this pot, the toilets are 2nd door on the left'.
    trade isnt everything and this is what i believe the bigger Army take into account when deciding on employability.