SSAFA Woman Jailed for Theft of 53,000 from Forces Charity

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by StrainOfCommand, Sep 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there much point now? If she had got away with it then I'd sign the work ticket for you. However I'm pleased to see that she has been convicted and is going down.
  2. only paid £17,000 back though, she should sell her house !
  3. How'd she manage to get a grip on 53K? We've got next to bugger all in our petty cash tin and all the funding we recieve pretty much goes straight back out. I'm missing a trick somewhere!!
  4. In instances like this EVERY penny should be recovered... even if the perp has to sell several vital body organs on e-bay to make up the funds.

There should be no doubt in any ones mind how we feel about those who steal money from such funds.
  5. msr

msr LE

Someone somewhere needs to be sacked for failing to ensure correct oversight of funds.
  6. Thieving pikey sl@g!

Siphoning money from a business is bad enough but robbing a charity!?

Serving time is a good start but she should be made to repay all remaining missing funds
  7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I can't get my head round that one either Jack. All SSAFA cheques for over £500 should be signed by two people. As it looks like she was the treasurer & I suspect she was teaming and lading as well.
  8. Evil bitch hope she dies, but I'm more intrigued as to why there isn't the framework in place to seize and force the selling of criminals assets to repay thier victims in cases such as fraud and theft be they person , charity or business.
  9. Very true Drunken. Case occured in a Pensions Firm my Mrs works at. Evil bint fraudulently stole from Pension funds due to be paid out, reducing the sum total of the pensions they'd built up over the years. And because she was savvy, she moved it all into her parents' and kids' accounts to hide her audit trail.

Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Wirral clerical assistant jailed for plundering £540,000 from city firm

I hate with a particular passion those who steal, especially when it's from charities and old people.
  10. "Bosses of the SSAFA vowed that no individual soldiers would suffer because of her crimes."

What a relief. So the officers of the charity will repay the loss out of salary?

11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

There is; Its the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia wiki is your friend.