SSAFA watch out....

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by jack-daniels, Mar 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AAFFSA are coming to get you! Had a flyer through my door last night about a meeting to form the Aldershot Armed Forces and Families Support Association. Seems their fed up with the troops in Aldershot getting the short end of the stick so they're having a meeting in the Princes Hall. Go for it!

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Interesting. Which particular stick do AAFFSA think the troops are getting the short end of?

More details please.

3. All it says on the flyer is, roughly:

''The proposal follows on from the comments of General Sir Mike Jackson, who wanted more public support for soldiers and their families'' it then quotes Mike Jackson about soldiers and families must be properly valued, ''If you agree with Gen Jackson and believe that there may be a place locally for the AAFFSA, please come to the meeting.''

It then gives timings etc. The flyer was from the Labour Party Prospective Candidate for the Wellington Ward for Aldershot. I do have his name and details but won't put them on here, if you want them I'll PM you.

This is all the details I have, hope it helps.

4. So in other words I am an unelected Liarbour member i dont really care about you or the situation you are in, but by buggery if i can claw a few extra votes out of this i will......

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Sorry.
    What has this to do with SSAFA?

6. A play on words with the name of their prospective group.

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Pity. I thought it may have something to do with the way SSAFA is inextricably linked, through contracts, to MOD, and through senior officers' wives, to the COC. They do very good work, but I think these things sometimes get in the way.

Anyway, the news that a Labour candidate is keen upon representation for the armed forces is good news. No doubt apparatchiks above him will sonn have him re-educated.

8. Seems interesting.