SSAFA RIDE - 5 Day Cycle Challenge from Edinburgh to London - Sept 2011

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Goatman, Jul 14, 2011.

1. A really dumb idea (yawn) - whats on DAVE next ?

0 vote(s)
  2. A really crackin thought Grommit - where do I sign up ?

1 vote(s)
  3. Coo - Im up for TEAM ARRSE - be a giggle! shandy swilling Southernors need not apply

3 vote(s)
  4. Get off and milk it - Id rather go for a curry with Afghan Kandak.....

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Cor! Quite fancy this....anyone on here doing it ? ARRSE team ?

Only one question - is Nell McAndrew doing the Ride - and does she need assistance with her Assos cream ?

The SSAFA Ride of Britain

Ahem....never one to refuse a lady Nell - where do you want me ?

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Spoke to SSAFA for some clarification

1) Nell McAndrew WILL be taking part - if not for the whole ride
    2) They currently have 100 places left to fill - if you fancy a go - GET IN THERE
    3) PING Royal, Jack and Crab-Air - much as they love Percy, SSAFA is a TRI-SERVICE charity. A few good men and women OF SPIRIT! to represent the Navy and the RAF are keenly sought.

If I get a place - will ask Nell to pose in a SSAFA top which will then be auctioned :)

pip pip what

Le Chevre
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Could be a bumpy ride all that way Goatman Old Boy.
  4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hur hur ...badoom tish !

You're not wrong there O-B.......I'm counting on Edinburgh being UP the map and therefore surely it will be DOWNHILL to London all the way ? Er.....hang on....

If there ARE any other Arrsers who have put in for this don't be shy the moment it sounds like that line from Highlander
    ' there can be ONLY ONE....'

Talking to Laurena at SSAFA yesterday I asked if there were plans for a practice ride, say from Aldershot or London HQ up to Ashtead for a photo op ?

Still planning the whole thing it seems.

I also asked whether cycling shirts ( similar to the H4H tops) would be produced and whether riders would get their shirt in time to wear them for practice rides?

Nothing heard - so if you know the answers do tell us ! Also, grateful for a conatct in the Winchester SSAFA office if you have one ?

Still 100 places left but going fast - GET IN THERE FOLKS :) -

BUMP !!

Le Chevre
  5. I can't do any of the cycling bit, but am more than happy to sponsor you Chevre.
  6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Cor good on yer Dale ( I never believed what those nasty big boys said about you by the way...and as for that Kimmie ...well,.... :) )

How about auctioning a picture of you bouncing twiglets off the one-eyed mutt's heid ? That would raise a few bob ;-) of course the arrse Canine defence league will be howling for your blood !

As soon as I can get me arrse in gear I will also be producing a range of natty undercrackers sporting the infamous T-shirt logo ' Have you seen your Arrse lately ? ' by kind permission Good Co. Profits to SSAFA for this event.

( I'm told BigBird has specific size requirements so the Chinese textile industry is bracing itself for the order !)

PS YIM - is the German for 'Undercrackers' really Unterknäckebrotschen ?

Or must we fall back on our simple and trusted Höschen-Franzosiche ?

( Willowy Language assistant required, low pay ,long hours, unspecified extra-curricular duties, experienced cyclist desirable but not essential.... :) )
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sad though it sounds, a professional op such as this still gets watered down by all that PTSD WW crap . I hope your babies die of tooth cancer webster, and your wifes fallopian tubes get horribly twisted in a freak accident and if by some miracle you ever fell off the back of my ferry, Id wrestle the gaffer from the helm to ensure we reversed back over you and I'd happily strangle any witnesses. I hope your parents are dead as if not Im sure they wish they were.

Oh, and good luck luck guys.
  8. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

In yer PMs old boy!
  9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Er......not sure you have the right thread Jerome - but thank you for your best wishes

( and whoever Webster is - wow, he's really p1ssed in your chips big-time innit though ? )
  10. I would be lucky to be able to ride to the end of my close but will gladly chuck a bit of cash your way if you do it.
  11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Awww cheers Beauty :thumright: ooh Matron - pop that cherry !

( I never believed those stories from the Crawl FMP spread about ye :)) *

SSAFA Sponsorship page

* has been impressed upon me that in implying any impropriety on the part of any person or persons who may or may not have attended the notorious alleged so-called 'Crawl' which took place on a certain date in the previous decade, in a locale which may or may not have been Edinburgh, I may have inadvertently been mistaken in my belief that any such impropriety had in fact taken place.Ow! Can I go now Miss? Ow!
  12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

BUMP with at least ten bloody characters !

13. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

As we say in German 'Hot Pants', 'Strings' or 'Unterhöschen', Goat. ;-)

And a BUMP [​IMG]

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nah that's just Denglish YIM - but thanks for the bump.

After some to-ing & fro-ing Good CO kindly let me have the design for the Arrse official Tee shirt - which some arrsers thought they might like on a pair of Knix...who am I to stand in the way of progress ?

All proceeds to SSAFA - anyone know a good company who may be able to sort ? (Cafe Press are range)
  15. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours