SSAFA - Looking to volunteer.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Efargee20, Nov 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gentleman and Ladies, Im making inroads to hopefully work with SSAFA as a caseworker. Anyone out there already doing it who would like to share some experiences or pass any knowledge or information onto me. Im in Glasgow UK. Thanks in advance.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I'm a Div Sec. What do you want to know?
  3. Hi Oldbaldy and thanks for saying hello. Im just looking to hear from anyone that is a case worker and to give me a quick run down on what is involved. To date Ive read the web site and the lit that ann sent me. apart from caseworker what other vol work can I do? Sounds fine in the info leaflets. Im ex REME Full Screw 12 years and my current job should stand me in good stead.

Thanks in advance

4. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Well done for having a look.
    What you did & what rank whilst serving is irrelevant. I have as caseworkers under my 'control' who include everyone from a retired full Colonel & a Commander RN to ex National Service Private. It is the aptitude that counts. Not everyone can do it, no harm to those who can't, it is a personal thing.
    Jobs other than casework, there are a whole host of things: management, finance, admin, fundraising, publicity etc.
    I would suggest you give the Glasgow office a ring: 0141 221 7251. Hours are mon- fri 0900 - 1230 & 1330 - 1630.
    Being in a large urban area they have a dedicated office in Washington Street. Me out in the sticks work from my study at home!

correcting my spelling
  5. Thaks for that, Im off tommorow so Ill give them a call whilst waiting for more info from Ann. Im willing to give it a bash so thats a good start.

6. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Or give Ann a ring:
    020 7403 8783.

Nice lady & enough enthusiasm for us all!