SSAFA Lifelong Support for our Forces and their Families

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by oldbaldy, Apr 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

As other main service charities have been through changes over the last few years I suppose it was inevitable that SSAFA would do the same. As of today SSAFA Forces Help have changed their name to SSAFA. I suppose the exercise kept some marketing guru in a job.
    SSAFA | National Armed Forces Charity

Attached Files:

2. Is this public yet? We have been told its hush hush!

3. and my first thought when HQ sent this through a few months back "Feck me, they have ripped off the H4H wristband!"

Does not really trip off the tongue either.

4. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Today is launch day, check the website.

5. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

And what about the new badge? I know some who've tried to wear it and all I can say is it comes loose very easily!

6. Money that could have been better spent on volunteers rather than the overpaid at Central Office.

7. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Yes the badge is not the greatest design ever, however I do believe it was time the overall brand was 'refreshed' as it has fallen out of the public eye and now most civilians only know about H4H. So using the same colours as them is a sensible move as it will be familiar to Joe Public.

I shall continue to wear my old badge, none of the communication I received said I had to wear the new badge!

8. To be specific, they are not H4H colours, if they were to copy them would be foolish as it would infringe copyright.

They are the representative colours of the Armed Forces, so it's fair to say that any Amed Forces Charity could use them.

9. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I think you'll be in a majority wearing the old badge CC. Some say the new one will work ok on a tie or for the ladies on a scarf, on lapels I think it's a non starter.

10. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

That's right dingerr, the main tri service charities use those colours. SSAFA have been using them since long before H4H came into existence.

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

The badge was the only negative that came out of our AGM last week. Most have already lost theirs although I never understood the badge thing anyway.. As for the cost I am led to believe its not an issue as it came from another pot, not one used for caseworkers. It was an interesting meeting with one of the boss men actually explaining things about where other funds come from.

12. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

At ours we were interested to hear about the health centres in the UK & why we have them in strange places at the moment. If the longer term strategy for that comes off it fits nicely into what SSAFA is all about.

13. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Yep, did find that intersting - obviously same man on tour.

14. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I hope you bent his ear as much as we did then. When he asked what I wanted done I said 'Kick some asses' He said he would go back and bang some heads together, not quite as violent but I'm sure it meant he got the message. I sent Di an email with the gist of the conversation so hopefully she'll have had a go as well.

15. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I think most of the ear bending went on after the main meeting with issues such as poor support from welfare at HQ being one of the most prevalent issues along with a very poor extranet. But hay ho those in the field will just crack on - no change there then. SSAFA issues appear to be minor compared to those of that other well known organisation.