SSAFA 125 Anniversary

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by jack-daniels, Jan 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As it's SSAFA's 125th Anniversary this year they have set up a dedicated website for it.
    Should anyone fancy raising any dosh for them please feel free to do so!

http://www.ssafa125.org.uk/index.aspx

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. I would rather ssafa then two faced aws running welfare, if you think aws keep anything confidential think again, my unit knew things about me that I only said to aws tart that I spoke too.

4. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Anything you tell a SSAFA Caseworker stays confidential and is not given to the COC. I have had wives contact me for help/advice as they did not want the things they were telling me known within the unit. & yes in the main it was because they saw AWS as an arm of the COC.

5. Yes please help SSAFA in our 125th anniversary year - I've been a SSAFA voluntary caseworker for many years and visit many clients who have asked for our help. The help requested by serving, ex-service clients and their families is very diverse and hopefully we do make a real difference and improve ther lives.

We've also raised and spent a lot of money on opening and running the two SSAFA Norton Houses, one near Headley Court and the other near Selly Oak Hospital as well as refurbishing other accommodation for relatives visiting injured service personnel. I believe both Norton Houses have been fully occupied since they've been opened and a lot of juggling around goes on to accommodate relatives even utilising the staff accommodation. It's a double-edged sword on the one hand the accommodation is fully utilised but it also means many personnel have been injured - some terribly. http://www.ssafa.org.uk/nortonHomes.html

Please support us so we can carry on our work - but also think about maybe becoming a volunteer too.

6. Hi all... I am running the adidas silverstone half marathon for SSAFA.. would really appreciate if people could sponsor me a couple of quid!!!!

Sponsor me please!

7. Bump.

Keep SSAFA in mind this year: just imagine how much harder it would be for Service charities to do their work without the SSAFA caseworker network.

8. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

9. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Central Office staff of SSAFA and friends of SSAFA Forces Help are showing their support for the association during it’s 125th anniversary year by raising £125.00 each through a sponsored walk.

All you need to do is ask a few family members and friends to sponsor you, put on your comfy shoes and walk across 8 of London’s famous River Thames bridges.

The walk will take place on Saturday 22nd May 2010 and commence from Tower Bridge ending at Westminster Bridge.

Walk at your own pace, it’s not a race as there is plenty of fun to be had along the way and sights to see too (including some great pubs!).

So, if you are interested please email Jo McPherson joanne.mp@ssafa.org.uk to request a sponsorship form.
    When and where

22 May 2010
    Tower Bridge
    Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 2UP
    Who to contact

If you´re interested in taking part or would like to know more, please contact SSAFA 125 Events Office on ssafa125@ssafa.org.uk or call 0207 463 9373

10. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours