SRR

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice please.

Basically, I was wondering if it is common for soldiers or officers in the Intelligence Corps to apply for SRR. I read that the selection process for SRR shares similarities to that of the rest of the UKSF (notably SAS and SBS). In particular I am concerned about 'the hill stage'.

I asked my careers officer but he had no idea! I've also searching the web but I couldn't find anything!

The reason for my asking is that I eventually want to have a good crack at joining SRR, if Int Corps doesn't provide sufficient training for selection/further training then I will be inclined to look elsewhere as a bridge to my goal (ie. Royal Marines Mountain Leader (recce troop) or Paras pathfinders). If it does, then I enjoy the prospect of joining the Intelligence Corps.

Sorry if I missed out any common courtesies, I'm new here!

Thanks.

You need to calm down sunshine. Get through Int Corps basic training first. It's tough

Cough.....cough...

If you are concerned about "a hill" then I usggest you are perhaps not the right material!

Worry about badges for your brassard once you are "in".

I'd focus on the crocodile closest to the canoe: Ph 1 - once you're in and with a few years under your belt then think about going to Hereford as Int Corps att, you'll get a feel for the units there and will have access to no end of advice/training/PT.

I'd forget about PF and ML if you're not going Infantry.

Z

Zarathustra

I'd focus on the crocodile closest to the canoe: Ph 1 - once you're in and with a few years under your belt then think about going to Hereford as Int Corps att, you'll get a feel for the units there and will have access to no end of advice/training/PT.

I'd forget about PF and ML if you're not going Infantry.
Why forget about PF?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Because if he joins the Intelligence Corps he will be cleaver enough to realise that if he buys a map, he will be able to find all the paths already marked.
Not if he is an officer he won't.

Okay, maybe I jumped the gun a little with regards to SRR although I will argue that it doesn't hurt to have a long term goal.

Another, perhaps more relevant, question is this: Do the roles of officers and soldiers in the intelligence corps differ a lot? Or the prospects for specializations etc., do officers get first choice or preference?

I would like to spend a considerable amount of time actually on operations, not sat in a room doing admin all day!

oldbaldy

LE
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice please.

Basically, I was wondering if it is common for soldiers or officers in the Intelligence Corps to apply for SRR. I read that the selection process for SRR shares similarities to that of the rest of the UKSF (notably SAS and SBS). In particular I am concerned about 'the hill stage'.

I asked my careers officer but he had no idea! I've also searching the web but I couldn't find anything!

The reason for my asking is that I eventually want to have a good crack at joining SRR, if Int Corps doesn't provide sufficient training for selection/further training then I will be inclined to look elsewhere as a bridge to my goal (ie. Royal Marines Mountain Leader (recce troop) or Paras pathfinders). If it does, then I enjoy the prospect of joining the Intelligence Corps.

Sorry if I missed out any common courtesies, I'm new here!

Thanks.
Problems with hill but want to be a Marine or Para, I hope you are joking.

Problems with hill but want to be a Marine or Para, I hope you are joking.
I said concerns. The hill stage is a 4 week escape and evasion. I figured that infantry units would have a big advantage over units like Int Corps.

On a side note: Considering I was polite, asked direct questions and just want some advice in regards to service, most of you guys are acting like a bunch of immature morons who decided that because you know a little more about this than me (not hard in my nievity) that you would take the piss. Tbh, it doesn't reflect well on the profession. Actually, I suppose it is kind of funny that you would stoop to it. But y'know, what can be done...

Have you thought of The Royal Navy instead?
No hills to go over just large waves in the Atlantic.
Or even, dare i say a job in MacDonalds?
No hills & all the macd's you can eat till your a tubby!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2 Infantry 24
C The Training Wing 3
CardinalSin Current Affairs, News and Analysis 33