Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Occams Chainsaw, Dec 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice please.

Basically, I was wondering if it is common for soldiers or officers in the Intelligence Corps to apply for SRR. I read that the selection process for SRR shares similarities to that of the rest of the UKSF (notably SAS and SBS). In particular I am concerned about 'the hill stage'.

I asked my careers officer but he had no idea! I've also searching the web but I couldn't find anything!

The reason for my asking is that I eventually want to have a good crack at joining SRR, if Int Corps doesn't provide sufficient training for selection/further training then I will be inclined to look elsewhere as a bridge to my goal (ie. Royal Marines Mountain Leader (recce troop) or Paras pathfinders). If it does, then I enjoy the prospect of joining the Intelligence Corps.

Sorry if I missed out any common courtesies, I'm new here!

2. Standby, badge collector.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You need to calm down sunshine. Get through Int Corps basic training first. It's tough

4. Like the rest of Them, only more "Greek."
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If you are concerned about "a hill" then I usggest you are perhaps not the right material!

Worry about badges for your brassard once you are "in".
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'd focus on the crocodile closest to the canoe: Ph 1 - once you're in and with a few years under your belt then think about going to Hereford as Int Corps att, you'll get a feel for the units there and will have access to no end of advice/training/PT.

I'd forget about PF and ML if you're not going Infantry.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Why forget about PF?
  8. Oh dear!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Because if he joins the Intelligence Corps he will be cleaver enough to realise that if he buys a map, he will be able to find all the paths already marked.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Not if he is an officer he won't.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Okay, maybe I jumped the gun a little with regards to SRR although I will argue that it doesn't hurt to have a long term goal.

Another, perhaps more relevant, question is this: Do the roles of officers and soldiers in the intelligence corps differ a lot? Or the prospects for specializations etc., do officers get first choice or preference?

I would like to spend a considerable amount of time actually on operations, not sat in a room doing admin all day!
  12. Once again......Oh dear !
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Well it's not me, so it must be BARBGENIUS
    • Like Like x 1
  14. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Problems with hill but want to be a Marine or Para, I hope you are joking.