SRM-Sy Risk Managment

The boss went through this with us yesterday, anyone else seen it yet and what do you think about it?

ps if you havent seen it ,it will have a massive affect on the way you write reports in a mucho bad way :evil:

Bone post deleted - must have mis-read something. Or just made a bone post.

Takes pace to the rear and fcuks self off at the high port.

If this is an innovation in the way the Corps conducts its' business then the Corps is behind the rest of the world by a decade or two. I somehow doubt it, as I know that there are a number of senior people who've been up to their necks in researching the best ways of assessing security risk. Out in the world we've had to be at the leading edge in it, since business practice nowadays is so thin on margins that the old woolly ways won't cut it any more.

That is, if we're talking about the same thing. Loughborough and the other place do Masters' in the subject.

Zoid

Old-Salt
Like most "new" things it might come across as a pain in the arrse, but you'll probably thank them for it when it comes to getting a civi job.

I have it on (reasonably) good authority that most SRM stuff is templated to death anyway and its introduction is a "good thing" :)

Once it is being taught at Quicksands then the newbies will not know any difference. I can't see a great deal of difference in reports except we are making 'security make sense' by giving out more options and feasible solutions to Unit problems. It is already templated to death and once you send out your best PS spotter to do a good report then you do what all good operators do, cut & paste!

Alternatively, stay well away from a Sy Sect and you will not have to worry. Works for me anyway

Have you been in long enough to realise that the Corps dosen't work like that, if you hate security and are terrible at it, you're guarenteed to spend half of your carrer there! (unless your a dark sider linguist type and they don't count anyway)

yeah - top trick, on your pref posting form list places you really, really dont want to go.....

(However MCMDiv are mindreaders and will see through this bluff in seconds...... :))

Working in Sy at the moment I do not like SRM. It is a rehash of what is already done. Take for example the asset register; SRM simple devolves more responsability to the Units. In a perfect world this should make our life easier as most of the work will already be done or be in the process of being sorted before we visit.

A comment was made saying we will be glad of this by the time we leave. Possibly true. However, one of the best skills we take with us when we leave is the no bullshi'ite get things done mentality. SRM should refocus on the big B - Budgets and how they are a severe limiting factor, which is a big plus for working outside the wire.

Our office has had a long look at SRM and we all believe it is neither a good or bad thing. The most obviuos change will be the more flowery and creative writing of our reports.

One thing, why did all our Units get the roadshow before us? Going on inspections has been an interesting experience, being asked questions by USO's and not having an answer. Nice. Where are my cowboy boots and horse...............?

Well, the corps is good John Wayne impressions :):):)

Might be worth asking the question up the chain about why your roadshow was timed the way it was.

Iknowyourname said:
Have you been in long enough to realise that the Corps dosen't work like that, if you hate security and are terrible at it, you're guarenteed to spend half of your carrer there! (unless your a dark sider linguist type and they don't count anyway)
Well, one Sy sect in 17 years ain't bad mate. Only two tours left and I will do anything in that time, as the pension draws nearer, the interest fades!!!

Long time to go before your pension, mate! Go with the good money and get some serious expertise in the subject (if you intend to use your sy experience outside, that is).

[Edit - looking at your last, you aren't heading in that direction. Still worth knowing the jargon so you can bullshit in it, thought].