'Squippers' packing a punch on Op ELLAMY

Ministry of Defence said:
Behind the scenes on Operation ELLAMY a small team of 'squippers' or, more correctly termed, Survival Equipment Fitters, works around the clock to ensure all the aircraft survival equipment is fit for purpose.

More...

"…The kit we are responsible for consists of all the flying equipment; flying suits, personal survival packs, ejection seat parachutes, anti-G [Force] pants, combat survival waistcoats, life jackets, personal radio communicators (PRCs), two different types of helmet, one for day-flying and the other for night-flying, oxygen masks and the night-vision goggles.…"

So basically, just doing your normal day job then?

Squippers. How very polyester.

Squippers. How very polyester.
polyurethane more like.

Yea it would be just doing our normal job, I doubt anyone there is working on all that kit either, usually get posted to a section, then to one bay, NVG's or helmets for a while, just working on one area till your good at it, or like parachute packing, you dont pack 4 types of parachute in one day, as chances are you will get mixed up.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
My understanding is that this is still relatively unusual, and hence newsworthy, in the RAF .....
Have any of these MOD feeds showed anything other than anyone doing their normal job on Op Ellamy.

So Far we've had caterers catering.
Squippers, Squipping
Drivers, driving
Suippliers, supplying
Pilots, piloting

The Navy ones aren't any better.
Apperantly Royal Navy ships and Royal Navy personell actually go to sea

Lets face it, these feeds are a cheap and cheerful way of targetting recruits. Got a trade thats a bit naff ? RSS it to the masses, dress it up like its Top Gun every day and Bobs your uncle.

So the RAF no longer call these chaps Batmen ? as it seems that all they do is the pilots personal admin and washing. Terrible how were breaking with tradition im sure black adder and the lord flashheart wouldn't have functioned in the RFC without their batmen.

I can report that my driving has been up to speed (heh) recently and I completed a round trip of some 385 kilometers to Pakxan over the weekend. This involved steering, accelerating, braking and swearing at other drivers.

I can report that my driving has been up to speed (heh) recently and I completed a round trip of some 385 kilometers to Pakxan over the weekend. This involved steering, accelerating, braking and swearing at other drivers.
Shame you're not RAF. Driver drives a long way is press release gold to them.

I missed my vocation.

The Naval air squadrons have similar gimps......If you've seen the state of them on a night out you wouldn't trust them to pack a ******* lunchbox never mind owt safety critical

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chalky Army Reserve 12
Flip_Flop_the_Gog The Intelligence Cell 42
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 1