'Squippers' packing a punch on Op ELLAMY

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. "…The kit we are responsible for consists of all the flying equipment; flying suits, personal survival packs, ejection seat parachutes, anti-G [Force] pants, combat survival waistcoats, life jackets, personal radio communicators (PRCs), two different types of helmet, one for day-flying and the other for night-flying, oxygen masks and the night-vision goggles.…"

So basically, just doing your normal day job then?
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

My understanding is that this is still relatively unusual, and hence newsworthy, in the RAF .....
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Squippers. How very polyester.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. polyurethane more like.

Yea it would be just doing our normal job, I doubt anyone there is working on all that kit either, usually get posted to a section, then to one bay, NVG's or helmets for a while, just working on one area till your good at it, or like parachute packing, you dont pack 4 types of parachute in one day, as chances are you will get mixed up.
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Have any of these MOD feeds showed anything other than anyone doing their normal job on Op Ellamy.

So Far we've had caterers catering.
    Squippers, Squipping
    Drivers, driving
    Suippliers, supplying
    Pilots, piloting

The Navy ones aren't any better.
    Apperantly Royal Navy ships and Royal Navy personell actually go to sea
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lets face it, these feeds are a cheap and cheerful way of targetting recruits. Got a trade thats a bit naff ? RSS it to the masses, dress it up like its Top Gun every day and Bobs your uncle.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sorry couldn't resist it!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. So the RAF no longer call these chaps Batmen ? as it seems that all they do is the pilots personal admin and washing. Terrible how were breaking with tradition im sure black adder and the lord flashheart wouldn't have functioned in the RFC without their batmen.
  10. I can report that my driving has been up to speed (heh) recently and I completed a round trip of some 385 kilometers to Pakxan over the weekend. This involved steering, accelerating, braking and swearing at other drivers.
  11. Shame you're not RAF. Driver drives a long way is press release gold to them.
  12. I missed my vocation.
  13. Dullest RSS feed so far. Up against some pretty stiff competition. So well done.
  14. The Naval air squadrons have similar gimps......If you've seen the state of them on a night out you wouldn't trust them to pack a ******* lunchbox never mind owt safety critical
  15. [​IMG]

That boy needs to dig his ears out the gipping cunt.