Squeaky Shoes - Remedy Needed

I bought the shoes in the photo last August, for general purpose outdoorsy type things like gardening, and walking and such.

Recently the left shoe has started squeaking with every step : makes it practically impossible to sneak up on anyone (did I mention he duct tape and the van?), and it generally irritates the bejeezus out of me

I think it is friction between the outsole and the midsole as the shoe reaches the point of maximum flex, and I haven't a scooby how to stop it.

Bloke at my local Timpsons can't help.

Over to the collective consciousness that is ArRSe.

P2029005.jpg

Hop on your right foot only!!!

Try neets foot oil to lubricate the leather and the area of the squeek.

And as stated clean them (or get your man to clean them), polish also treats the leather as well as making them look smart.

Hop on your right foot only!!!

Try neets foot oil to lubricate the leather and the area of the squeek.

And as stated clean them (or get your man to clean them), polish also treats the leather as well as making them look smart.
They are made of oiled leather - they're not polish-able. One of the reasons I chose 'em. :-D

Do they have air soles ( careful how you pronounce that)? Doc Martens boots with the air cushioned soles would sometimes get a puncture and make a squeaking noise. Not cool when you're about to have a tear up with the rival 'firm' and your bovver boots are squealing like a budgie with haemorrhoids....er...laying an egg.

I understand the thing to do was to locate the puncture and seal it with a soldering iron.

They are made of oiled leather - they're not polish-able. One of the reasons I chose 'em. :-D
Serious answer; try a little neatsfoot oil on the inside of the shoe arounds the area of the squeek.

If you have not got any, let me know the next time you are in MK as I have some in the garage with my leather stuff.

Serious answer; try a little neatsfoot oil on the inside of the shoe arounds the area of the squeek.

If you have not got any, let me know the next time you are in MK as I have some in the garage with my leather stuff.
Oi! my answer was serious too thanks very much.

BTW, how do you pronounce your user name?

Squeaky shoes, my Arrse. Stop eating cabbage and then blaming the results on your footwear.

On a slightly serious note, make sure you don't get Neats foot oil on any stitching. Apparently it's well liked by jobbing saddlers who have to do loads of restitching jobs on horse leather items because people over did it with the Neats foot oil and it rots the stitching. Dunno if it's true myself, just heard it on another forum about restoring WW1 leatherwork.

Squeaky shoes, my Arrse. Stop eating cabbage and then blaming the results on your footwear.

On a slightly serious note, make sure you don't get Neats foot oil on any stitching. Apparently it's well liked by jobbing saddlers who have to do loads of restitching jobs on horse leather items because people over did it with the Neats foot oil and it rots the stitching. Dunno if it's true myself, just heard it on another forum about restoring WW1 leatherwork.
I have a p9int of neatsfoot sitting somewhere - I'll give it a bash.

I don't believe it rots stitching - I started using it on my combat boots back in the 1970s, and it came on issue in the 80s for BCH. I still have BCH over 20yrs old and going strong, after a working lifetime impregnated wth the stuff.

The only neatsfoot-relate problem I've encountered is over-liberal application may cause boots to stretch and become too loose.

Do they have air soles ( careful how you pronounce that)? Doc Martens boots with the air cushioned soles would sometimes get a puncture and make a squeaking noise. Not cool when you're about to have a tear up with the rival 'firm' and your bovver boots are squealing like a budgie with haemorrhoids....er...laying an egg.

I understand the thing to do was to locate the puncture and seal it with a soldering iron.
It's a solid sole, and it looks as though it is Goodyear welted - I have the same issue occasionally with my Loakes brogues, but it isn't constant (seems they are affected by changes in the climate . . . )