Squeaking Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by legs-o-lead, Mar 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I asked this question yonks ago on another forum, and it was deftly ignored.... hopefully it won't be this time....

I have some Meindl boots that squeak when I walk. It is the lace rubbing on the leg of the boot, or the boot rubbing on the tongue when I flex my ankle.....

I've tried drenching the buggers, polishing them, pissing on them etc, but stopped short of belting them with a hammer

Does anyone have any idea how I can stop this ?

2. Stand still

3. saddle soap?it should soften the leather

4. I actually just laughed out loud for the first time in well over a month whilst browsing the internet.

Brownie points to you 8)

5. Code:
    It is the lace rubbing on the leg of the boot, or the boot rubbing on the tongue when I flex my ankle.....
    Either you are wearing cheap lace underwear/stockings.

or maybe you need to think about getting a new boss who doesn't expect you to kiss his/her boots

or perhaps you got a Yoga/KarmaSutra book for christmas and have been reading it back to front.

Maybe :D

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.com

6. Code:
    It is the lace rubbing on the leg of the boot, or the boot rubbing on the tongue when I flex my ankle.....
    Either you are wearing cheap lace underwear/stockings.

or maybe you need to think about getting a new boss who doesn't expect you to kiss his/her boots

or perhaps you got a Yoga/KarmaSutra book for christmas and have been reading it back to front.

Maybe :D

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.com

7. You don't sound convinced. It's just as likely that it's the layers of sole moving about on each other. In other words, they're buggered. Take them back. But let us know how you're going to explain away the stink of urine...

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Pay for them!

My old grannie used to say that boots and shoes squeaked if they weren't paid for.

9. Are they made from pigskin? :rofl:

10. Use dubbin around the areas that squeak, it acts as a kind of lubricant to prevent this happening, i tried it on new CH's and it worked a treat.

11. Remove the mouse, you signed for a pair of boots and not a pet as well!!!

Try neatsfoot oil on the internal leather, or change the laces, they may be causing friction/squeaking if nylon based.

I was going to suggest vaslin but this is QMs and not NAAFI.

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Your Grannie? we still do down yeer!

13. I'd go along with this, I have a pair of KSBs I love to bits, but one has always squeeked and I was told it was IIRC the shank in the sole construction making the noise.

Like puttees says, they're shaged, exchange them.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

But new boots squeak too so they arent shagged!

15. But the OP's boots ain't new...