Squeaking Boots

I asked this question yonks ago on another forum, and it was deftly ignored.... hopefully it won't be this time....

I have some Meindl boots that squeak when I walk. It is the lace rubbing on the leg of the boot, or the boot rubbing on the tongue when I flex my ankle.....

I've tried drenching the buggers, polishing them, pissing on them etc, but stopped short of belting them with a hammer

Does anyone have any idea how I can stop this ?

Stand still

Code:
It is the lace rubbing on the leg of the boot, or the boot rubbing on the tongue when I flex my ankle.....
Either you are wearing cheap lace underwear/stockings.

or maybe you need to think about getting a new boss who doesn't expect you to kiss his/her boots

or perhaps you got a Yoga/KarmaSutra book for christmas and have been reading it back to front.

Maybe :D

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.com

Code:
It is the lace rubbing on the leg of the boot, or the boot rubbing on the tongue when I flex my ankle.....
Either you are wearing cheap lace underwear/stockings.

or maybe you need to think about getting a new boss who doesn't expect you to kiss his/her boots

or perhaps you got a Yoga/KarmaSutra book for christmas and have been reading it back to front.

Maybe :D

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.com

I have some Meindl boots that squeak when I walk. It is the lace rubbing on the leg of the boot, or the boot rubbing on the tongue when I flex my ankle.....
You don't sound convinced. It's just as likely that it's the layers of sole moving about on each other. In other words, they're buggered. Take them back. But let us know how you're going to explain away the stink of urine...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Pay for them!

My old grannie used to say that boots and shoes squeaked if they weren't paid for.

Use dubbin around the areas that squeak, it acts as a kind of lubricant to prevent this happening, i tried it on new CH's and it worked a treat.

Remove the mouse, you signed for a pair of boots and not a pet as well!!!

Try neatsfoot oil on the internal leather, or change the laces, they may be causing friction/squeaking if nylon based.

I was going to suggest vaslin but this is QMs and not NAAFI.

ugly

LE
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Pay for them!

My old grannie used to say that boots and shoes squeaked if they weren't paid for.
Your Grannie? we still do down yeer!

putteesinmyhands said:
You don't sound convinced. It's just as likely that it's the layers of sole moving about on each other. In other words, they're buggered. Take them back. But let us know how you're going to explain away the stink of urine...
I'd go along with this, I have a pair of KSBs I love to bits, but one has always squeeked and I was told it was IIRC the shank in the sole construction making the noise.

Like puttees says, they're shaged, exchange them.

ugly

LE
But new boots squeak too so they arent shagged!

ugly said:
But new boots squeak too so they arent shagged!
But the OP's boots ain't new...

legs-o-lead said:
I've tried drenching the buggers, polishing them, pissing on them etc, but stopped short of belting them with a hammer

ugly said:
Yer man's boots are boken in and squeeking, sounds like the sole/shank to me.

Anybody else, if you have new boots, they may squeek too. If having tried drenching the buggers, polishing them, pissing on them etc, but stopped short of belting them with a hammer, it may well be the sole/shank and you should exchange them...

Oh. look, a seagull...

ugly

LE
I have had new boots (DMS) without steel shanks and they squeak new or worn in. It is less the age or wear and moere the way they are worn/made etc. I have had boots that squeak when new and then later when shagged and others that only squeak when comfortable. Its life, there are no rules that work, get used to it!

ugly said:
I have had new boots (DMS) without steel shanks and they squeak new or worn in. It is less the age or wear and moere the way they are worn/made etc. I have had boots that squeak when new and then later when shagged and others that only squeak when comfortable. Its life, there are no rules that work, get used to it!
Well that's the most help you've been to the OP with your several post here.

Thanks for sharing your vast and wide ranging insite with the rest of us too. I feel sure that if the OP pulls together all our collective wisdom he will find the right answer and the appropriate solution will then present itself.

Oh, look, another seagull...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Military Clothing & Boots 12
Welshexpat Miscellaneous Jokes 0
Welshexpat Miscellaneous Jokes 0