Squatters.

Well the final report is that the man produced sufficient proof that he owned the place that I was convinced that I'd not be arrested.

Another man - a property owner who insisted that he knew about such things and the back door was broken - agreed to join us, and up we went.

Praise be, the squatter was not in the property so the locksmith and gardaí were called.

The back door had been mended.

We all stood about for a bit on the drive.

The gardaì were young men. Too young for a Nelsonian eye. They said go to court.

They let the squatter back in and the man from Dublin paid me fifty pounds for my help.

He'll have to ring Johnny Adair now.

Well the final report is that the man produced sufficient proof that he owned the place that I was convinced that I'd not be arrested.

Another man - a property owner who insisted that he knew about such things and the back door was broken - agreed to join us, and up we went.

Praise be, the squatter was not in the property so the locksmith and gardaí were called.

The gardaì were young men. Too young for a Nelsonian eye. They said go to court.

They let the squatter back in and the man from Dublin paid me fifty pounds for my help.

Night op. Tonight. Full dark. Do it and earn your coin.

A surprising twist in the tale. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

Dear CO's, can I be a book reviewer in the fiction and fairy tales aisle please?

The next chapter is pretty dark. You know that scene in Jackal when he's practicing on a watermelon? It's like that, but with animals. And kids.

If only you'd have been there in the first place, the poor man's problem would be no more :)
Why, were you short of an old man to trip up on his own laces and fall on his keys?

snip
Traditionally, here, the IRA shifted them but that's less of an option these days and Johnny Adair lives in Scotland now.
Excuse me, but when did Adair switch sides from the UDA?

Why, were you short of an old man to trip up on his own laces and fall on his keys?
No. We had already one of them. He paid me a hundred and fifty pounds and didn't get his result.

Got any work?

Excuse me, but when did Adair switch sides from the UDA?
I don't believe he did, but it seems to be a bit of traditional Irish arm waving to invoke every name that you can possibly think of.

I hope so, wherever he is the further and poorer the better.
Rings a bell. Not sure if his past caught up with him or Bolton Pakistani cocaine dealers didn't fully understand just how much respect a Belfast Brigadier should be accorded.

I suspect it's the latter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Drivers_lag The NAAFI Bar 118
Chef Finance, Property, Law 21
crimsonhussar The Intelligence Cell 30