Squatters.

Anyone have any experience of them?

Traditionally, here, the IRA shifted them but that's less of an option these days and Johnny Adair lives in Scotland now.

It's my understanding that domestic squatters are just trespassers now and are not protected by law.

Anyone?

I was a dab hand with a crow bar in the 80's ;)

Now domestic squatting is illegal after some very high profile 'my house is suddenly full of Romanians' cases.

What is the problem you have?

Trying to save on rent again ?
Trying to pay my own mate.

A man from Dublin has paid me a hundred pounds to lean on his squatter. He will give me four hundred more when he's on his way.

I've been up and spoken to him and told him that the next time he sees me, I'll be there to put him out.

And today is the day.

Can of petrol & box of matches.
Throw petrol in house
Throw in lighted match
Stand back & watch squatter leave most jaldi

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

A man from Dublin has paid me a hundred pounds to lean on his squatter. He will give me four hundred more when he's on his way.

I've been up and spoken to him and told him that the next time he sees me, I'll be there to put him out.

And today is the day.
Quoting just because it's so cutesy.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

Traditionally, here, the IRA shifted them but that's less of an option these days and Johnny Adair lives in Scotland now.

It's my understanding that domestic squatters are just trespassers now and are not protected by law.

Anyone?
Snigger.

And today is the day.
Seeing as you get battered to fuck from scantily clad women, I don't rate your chances pal.

Can of petrol & box of matches.
Throw petrol in house
Throw in lighted match
Stand back & watch squatter leave most jaldi

Aye. That would terrify the squatter all right.

But the man from Dublin might not feel that he got his result.

And today is the day.
What are you going to do?

Headbutt his crotch?
Make slight indents on his skin with your spindly fingers?
Make him watch while you cook some roast potatoes?

I think we should know.

Clever lad: not only have you committed yourself to (probably) a reet good shoeing from the squatter and his 4 pikey mates, you up for Round 2 from the landlord and his two 'drivers' when he wants his century back.

Have you ever considered a career in local government? Or the UN?

Law has been changed for the better for owners of residential properties in recent years.

When it comes to residential properties there is no such thing as " squatters rights "

The house/flat etc must be deemed as residential, ie not a house converted into obvious storage or office units.

When we get called to these places, it greatly helps if the legal owner or a person with permission to act on their behalf is present to state without any argument that the address belongs to them and they did not give permission for the squatters to stay.

Same person can also point out immediate damage to the property such as locks changed, windows forced. Once entry completed, then damage within can be assessed by the owner.

1) Rubbish inside and the cost of removing it, graffiti, human waste etc....can be classed as criminal damage if a cost is involved.

2) Abstraction of electricity. Stealing electricity, basically. If you have an up to date bill, and you can prove that the electricity was not used by yourself then that is theft, same for gas/water/services.

3) If you have identified items taken..personal possessions, house fittings then that is theft, and the squatters need to prove its not them.

4) Windows forced, locks changed...if a cost is associated with their replacement, this is criminal damage.

If you have someone who is VULNERABLE....old age, mental health etc who normally resides in the address, then this will get the ball rolling especially fast.

Due to the cursed " proportionality " guidelines that police must adhere to when it comes to arrests, they often move squatters out and cannot get any comeback for the owners. Every arrest has to be justified, normally the acts of criminal damage and not having a home address ( so you can be bailed to return/fined ) is enough for a arrest, but the squatters will have a line of excuses for this such as mental health/dependents/illness that makes it an uphill struggle to justify why they needed to be arrested .

Basically, squatters have no rights, log all damage, get legal owner or person with permission to speak on their behalf, log all damage and spin it for all its worth on its emotional impact and maybe get local media...old granny , recently bereaved has her childhood home desecrated, she has been sworn at etc.

Dont get upset if the police cant hang the squatters...bloody guidelines are the bane of their lives.

And today is the day.
Bailiff Walt. Still on the bright side, the next time he sees you (today) he'll probably have a half dozen of his smelly but brutally beefy chums round to say hello to you.

Ps. The currency of the Free State is €, not £ yet you have been offered £. The devil is in the detail man.

There was recently a series on Ch4 or five, Slum Landlords Nightmare Tenants, or suchlike, which had many a case of squatters, and how the owners got rid of them. The properties were not always left in a nice and tidy handover condition.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Anyone?
It's dependent on where you are, I've a suspicion that the Guards would be a lot more helpful than the PSNI

What are you going to do?

Headbutt his crotch?
Make slight indents on his skin with your spindly fingers?
Make him watch while you cook some roast potatoes?

I think we should know.

I'm just going to walk in the back door. Then no doubt dem Babylon will be called and the owner, being inside and all, should be able to make them send him on his way. Someone will have to leave and it won't be the owner.
Bailiff Walt. Still on the bright side, the next time he sees you (today) he'll probably have a half dozen of his smelly but brutally beefy chums round to say hello to you.

Ps. The currency of the Free State is €, not £ yet you have been offered £. The devil is in the detail man.

£ for the loyal men in the North.
Law has been changed for the better for owners of residential properties in recent years.

When it comes to residential properties there is no such thing as " squatters rights "

The house/flat etc must be deemed as residential, ie not a house converted into obvious storage or office units.

When we get called to these places, it greatly helps if the legal owner or a person with permission to act on their behalf is present to state without any argument that the address belongs to them and they did not give permission for the squatters to stay.

Same person can also point out immediate damage to the property such as locks changed, windows forced. Once entry completed, then damage within can be assessed by the owner.

1) Rubbish inside and the cost of removing it, graffiti, human waste etc....can be classed as criminal damage if a cost is involved.

2) Abstraction of electricity. Stealing electricity, basically. If you have an up to date bill, and you can prove that the electricity was not used by yourself then that is theft, same for gas/water/services.

3) If you have identified items taken..personal possessions, house fittings then that is theft, and the squatters need to prove its not them.

4) Windows forced, locks changed...if a cost is associated with their replacement, this is criminal damage.

If you have someone who is VULNERABLE....old age, mental health etc who normally resides in the address, then this will get the ball rolling especially fast.

Due to the cursed " proportionality " guidelines that police must adhere to when it comes to arrests, they often move squatters out and cannot get any comeback for the owners. Every arrest has to be justified, normally the acts of criminal damage and not having a home address ( so you can be bailed to return/fined ) is enough for a arrest, but the squatters will have a line of excuses for this such as mental health/dependents/illness that makes it an uphill struggle to justify why they needed to be arrested .

Basically, squatters have no rights, log all damage, get legal owner or person with permission to speak on their behalf, log all damage and spin it for all its worth on its emotional impact and maybe get local media...old granny , recently bereaved has her childhood home desecrated, she has been sworn at etc.

Dont get upset if the police cant hang the squatters...bloody guidelines are the bane of their lives.

Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Drivers_lag The NAAFI Bar 118
Chef Finance, Property, Law 21
crimsonhussar The Intelligence Cell 30