Squash

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Cuddles, Jan 28, 2010.

?
  1. Lime - anyone for tiffin Major??

16.7%
  2. Orange - dead retro and full of E numbers.

25.0%
  3. Blackcurrant - council as feck! Hyperactive and no teeth.

16.7%
  4. Elderflower - ooh look at she!

16.7%
  5. Lemon Barley - closest you'll get to Wimbledon mate.

25.0%
  6. Grapefruit - check you out posh or what?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am just guzzling a pint of orange squash - a drink which until recently I heartily disliked. Possibly due to an unfortunate Jim Beam and Orange juice binge in the 70s in Germany...I positively spewed my Partnerschafftsring up!

The question is which cordial/squash do you prefer. I'll lay it out for all, I am an unreconstructed lime cordial man...I was born for the Raj!

So pray tell, I am filling jugs with ice and council pop as we speak.

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

And there was me thinking that you were talking about the game that involves racquets.

In answer to your question - blackcurrant with either lemonade or soda; or lime cordial with ginger beer (Idris/Old Jamaica for preference) and ice.

3. Orange and Peach, or Orage and Pineapple. Makes a change from alcoholic or fizzy stuff.

4. Lemon barley for me, lots of ice.

5. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Used to love ginger beer with angostura's. Now the lime cordial comes top of the pile.

6. Lime cordail, very refreshing

7. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Re the Lime Cordial and Ginger Beer, if you get bored with it just add Vodka - Moscow Mule, or Bacardi - Havana Mule....

8. Robinson's Apple and Blackcurrant is the king of squashes without doubt.

9. Any fruit & Barley for me especially............ Peach and Barley.

10. Blossom Cottage Elderflower Cordial for me although I'm more likely to make lemon or lime from scratch. Chop up the limes or lemons and put in a blitzer, add water, sugar and blitz. Strain and serve over ice, absolutely gorgeous!

11. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Talking about screech and not squash, what did screech comprise of?

12. At a wild guess:

Acid crystals, sugar crystals, salt crystals, flavouring, flavour enhacers (lots of), cocaine (the only reason I can imagine that we all went back for more and enjoyed snorting it).

13. Totally wrong

Remember the yellow cubes they put in the urinals?

14. I like the Marks & Spencer Organic Elderflower Cordial and Elderflower Presse