Squadron of Choice?

So the Squadron Commander's Board sits in a few weeks time. If your name was on it which Squadron would be at the top of your list to command and which would be at the bottom? Please attach reasons!

The choices are:

All comments welcome - I've got to get my PPP in asap!!

I would like 661 please Mr Ludlow. The reasons are many, but the main one is I could upset all the German wives who havent been anywhere else but Boschland, and think the world ends at the border with Holland.
Oh and to spend the ridiculous amount of money they get for serving in a foreign country..........not that the 10 years did me any harm.
By the way I didn't realise that 662 was up for grabs?

It must be 663!!

I think Im too tall though :oops:

"Follow the yellow brick road...Follow the yellow brick road"

LJ

So..... you want me to command?

It has to be 654, I couldn't manage a worse job than the ginger tosser if i tried for the next millenium......so therefore I'd look good ;-)

661 if you want an X5
655 if you want to fly

lairdslick, your telling me the ginger tosser is actually in charge of men now?? We are on about the same one I gather? The one that they used to make big big bombs out of x by itself? Thank god I'm out.

lairdslick said:
So..... you want me to command?

It has to be 654, I couldn't manage a worse job than the ginger tosser if i tried for the next millenium......so therefore I'd look good ;-)
There isn't defintiely something to be said for following on from incompetence! I guess the character of the relevant CO also comes into it - any ideas?

D-Fens.....
The very same completely incompitant buffoon who proved himself beyond all doubt when sat in the front of an aircraft from The Scottish Horse. The thing is......where is he off to now??? Good luck to all of you poor people ;-)

D-Fens, you obviously haven't been to The Fatherland recently, where the average monthly hours are in excess of 20!!!!
However I still don't think that is a good enough reason for commanding the 661st.
What a shame that 652 has just got a very good Squadron Commander or Mr. PH could have come to a real squadron!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Well i think 663 but only if they bring back BS who was the OC in 2003 and who his sqn to war......! Hmmmm and also i like 652's new OC, hopefully better than the last one!

oh well yet again no sun shine posting!!!
well may aswell do a few more years in sunny suffolk then!!!

think your info is wrong though Jonny! (you must work for Manning records)?

Having examined the ridiculously complex “formula” (there is one? I hear you say) I can recommend supplementing your Charmin stocks with the form. It seems to me that the only certainty is that the board will totally disregard your preferences and elect to send you to the “avoid at all costs” location……that is of course if you are lucky enough to get a Sqn that isn’t based around Bedicopters (or perhaps these days Daficopters?), or one that will exist at all in 6 months. Still perhaps we should all look on the brightside - If you’re really lucky you might not get a command at all, thus allowing more career time for staff…. now that’s what I call soldiering!

Ground hog said:
Having examined the ridiculously complex “formula” (there is one? I hear you say) I can recommend supplementing your Charmin stocks with the form. It seems to me that the only certainty is that the board will totally disregard your preferences and elect to send you to the “avoid at all costs” location……that is of course if you are lucky enough to get a Sqn that isn’t based around Bedicopters (or perhaps these days Daficopters?), or one that will exist at all in 6 months. Still perhaps we should all look on the brightside - If you’re really lucky you might not get a command at all, thus allowing more career time for staff…. now that’s what I call soldiering!
With a straight 6 years at staff now under my belt I would be happy to command a mobile bath and laundry unit.

I'm with you brother! I'll need a refresher just to work out what the whirly thing on top of the cab does never mind all the confusing sticks and dials! Can't wait to be at the mercy of patronising instructors again....
Hopefully we’ll both get back in the seat soon. At the very least it will save the “daft and barmy” some dosh…currently wearing out C95 arse sections at an alarming rate!

Ground hog said:
I'm with you brother! I'll need a refresher just to work out what the whirly thing on top of the cab does never mind all the confusing sticks and dials! Can't wait to be at the mercy of patronising instructors again....
Hopefully we’ll both get back in the seat soon. At the very least it will save the “daft and barmy” some dosh…currently wearing out C95 arse sections at an alarming rate!
I would be most happy if the Corps would consider forming up a new squadron equipped entirely with the Queen of the Skies (see below). I could have 30 or so pilots all over the age of 45 who ask for nothing more than an hour's GH in the morning a cup of milky cocoa and a little nap in the afternoon. Ahhhh bliss.

Johnny, I feel a bit of re education is required.

This is the Queen of the Skies

not that French piece of plastic you referred to.