Squaddies Xmas Day message - Channel 4 NOW!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_0ne, Dec 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alternative to the queens message

Its on now people :D
  2. Missed it...will have to see if it's on you tube....?
  3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

so far, a very powerful message, excellent!!
  4. Fecking hell, thats pulled my day up
  5. Left a lump in the throat that did
  6. Just caught the last minute on the box it is on again at 21:00 on c4 +1 channel 143 on virgin
  7. gimp, missed it too, its on ch4 + 1 at 21.05 mucker.
  8. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Spot on, but should have been BBC1 just before the Queens speech.
  9. Anyone got a link, as i missed it.
  10. Excellent.
    Just watched it this morning it got Sky+'d for me! I hope that made those ignorant civvies out there re-think there views on Britain's Soldiers.
  11. I'd like to think so mate, but I doubt it. Who do you think tuned into the programme? If I wasn't an ex-Squaddie with two sons currently serving, I would probably have been tuned into Eastenders and Love Actually with the missus, instead of giving myself a bit of a face wash in front of the bedroom TV. Great programme and hats off to Ch4, but don't think that this will spread the word to those who have no interest in the forces. Sorry for sounding negative but I firmly believe a concentrated campaign all year round is needed to support the troops - not just left to the RBL's fantastic annual Poppy Appeal. Kitchener's "Your country needs you"
    or the American WWII Norman Rockwell's "Let's give him enough and on time"
    type approach is needed.

On another note, the same TV broadcast is being discussed elsewhere on Arrse:
    Good point currently being made - one of the lads featured on the programme who got 7 YEARS for what is clearly a "crime" committed whilst suffering from PTSD. Fcuking disgusting.

Attached Files: