Squaddies - 10% discount

While deepest darkest Shropshire is not heaving with people in uniform, well done Mine Hosts.

10% discount on Food & Accom

The landlords of a Shropshire pub are offering an Armed Forces discount - but want a symbol to show their support.

Fiona and Graham Didlick at The Sun Inn, at Clun, are offering a 10 per cent discount on food and accommodation for all serving members of Her Majesty’s forces and South Atlantic Medal Association members.
Does such a symbol exist?

elovabloke

ADC
PE4rocks said:
While deepest darkest Shropshire is not heaving with people in uniform, well done Mine Hosts.

The landlords of a Shropshire pub are offering an Armed Forces discount - but want a symbol to show their support.

Fiona and Graham Didlick at The Sun Inn, at Clun, are offering a 10 per cent discount on food and accommodation for all serving members of Her Majesty’s forces and South Atlantic Medal Association members.
Brush - I have passed on link to Forces Discount people to see if they can help. Have you tried them out and do they want to enlarge the scheme to include us with a pension. And do they do pies. :roll:

well for my first post, i shell ask a valued question.

Does food include pint's? and if so, then send us a map too this place!

Hey, help get this going by signing this!

Downing Street Petition

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to establish a nationally recognised symbol for businesses that offer a special welcome and discount for serving members of the armed forces. More details

Submitted by Fiona & Graham Didlick – Deadline to sign up by: 30 August 2008

elovabloke said:
PE4rocks said:

Brush - I have passed on link to Forces Discount people to see if they can help. Have you tried them out and do they want to enlarge the scheme to include us with a pension. And do they do pies. :roll:
I have found mixed reactions when using the Defence Discount ' Certificate of Entitlement' for ex-servicemen from no problems or dramas to outright refusal. Its about time a more robust Discount 'ID Card' was made available at a minimum cost (and not £25 a year as one such scheme. Nor do I really need my previous rank on it. Mr will do)