Squaddie Rumour- Lottery Winners Discharged?

If so I'd love to be in Germany when I win the Euro Lottery, Tax-free Aston Martin Please. !

...better keep quiet about the £10 I won dont wish to be discharged

Yes yes of course, it's a well documented fact that it's impossible to stay in the army if you earn more than your CO. :roll:

I have heard a rumour that lottery winners in the armed forces are often discharged on "disciplinary" terms...

Any thoughts?
Happened to me after I got three numbers and the bonus ball. Was fucking gutted as I had a full career ahead of me.

Happened to me after I got three numbers and the bonus ball. Was fucking gutted as I had a full career ahead of me.
You got kicked out because you hit the RSM within 5 seconds of him waking you up. You are such a big fibber.

I have heard a rumour that lottery winners in the armed forces are often discharged on "disciplinary" terms...

Any thoughts?
They do not discharge you but give you a Commission. We had a full screw at my unit who won the National Lottery back in 94 when they first started it. 6 Months later he was a Captain. In Queens Regs no JNCO/SNCO is allowed to have more money than the CO.

If so I'd love to be in Germany when I win the Euro Lottery, Tax-free Aston Martin Please. !
Better not do the British version of the Euro lottery online then, the bastards don't pay out if you live abroad.

tosh and nonsense, REME tech (my mate) won it in '95. £1.4million, he signed off, not a mention of going officer, in fact the resettlement officer was a complete arse, moaning about him "taking someones place on a course when he didn't need it" although after 11 years he had every right. Got so pissed off next monday morning pulled up to admin office in new car, put £800 on the desk and asked for the PVR form. Note, the £800 was just a symbolic gesture as he was putting a formal complaint in about resettlement twat.
No commission, no compolsary discharge papers.

Apparently they can only discharge you under EU employment law if all of the balls in the winning set are "odd" numbers...and it's true sir, isn't it, if you put the engine out of a Ford in a Vauxhall and the Vauxhall engine in a Ford they both go faster...

Suddenly it's 0315 in the CP and the boys are asking for the wisdom of Solomon from a 22 year old CPO...

tosh and nonsense, REME tech (my mate) won it in '95. £1.4million, he signed off, not a mention of going officer, in fact the resettlement officer was a complete arse, moaning about him "taking someones place on a course when he didn't need it" although after 11 years he had every right. Got so pissed off next monday morning pulled up to admin office in new car, put £800 on the desk and asked for the PVR form. Note, the £800 was just a symbolic gesture as he was putting a formal complaint in about resettlement twat.
No commission, no compolsary discharge papers.
I bet he claimed his £534 though didn't he? 11 years and PVR, of course he must have.

Any brainy mathematical buggers about? We had a s/sgt RAMC attached in 1970 during a NI tour he won i think £165,000 on the pools, what would that equate to now? He finished the tour and then said byeeeee!

Any brainy mathematical buggers about? We had a s/sgt RAMC attached in 1970 during a NI tour he won i think £165,000 on the pools, what would that equate to now? He finished the tour and then said byeeeee!
Price of petrol, cost of living etc about £275.67

Edited to add
Current data is only available till 2009. In 2009, £165000 0s 0d from 1970 is worth

£1,900,000.00 using the retail price index

£3,440,000.00 using average earnings

Measuring Worth - Measures of worth, inflation rates, saving calculator, relative value, worth of a dollar, worth of a pound, purchasing power, gold prices, GDP, history of wages, average wage

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
It used to be you couldn't earn more than the C.O. because you could only be charged comparible to your wages
Obviously if your a milionaire you won't be worried about £100 charge for turning up pissed and late for work
Why would you want to stay in as a junior rank if you won the lottery?

It's like people used to say you could request the C.O.'s car and driver for your wedding
Why would you want to arrive in a diesel Montego piloted by a fat doorslamer?

In the Cav the richest man in the Regiment becomes C.O.
So if you win the lottery you just wander round throw your bank statement on his desk and inform him he's now 2i/c

You then regale everyone with your tales of your Porshe / Aston, your wife's Range Rover / BMW X5, Your polo ponies and your holidays
Once some other cunt wins it you get to be 2i/c and listen to him boring you

Cheers for the blatant bullsh*t guys, silly of me to pose this in the NAAFI bar!
You'd get the same answer anywhere on here if you come out with another shit question like that,

May I enhance the mood for you by saying I've got the same blue stripey jammies on that I wore for a "Ello Ello" night in the Falklands.

I've not got my number on my arm though.

It washed off. In the shower.

There's no baths out there.