Squaddie Proof ......

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Oskar, Oct 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's always good to see news of British Companies winning lucrative contracts, the best part of the interview with a representative from Marshall was the quote that these vehicles will be "Squaddie proof".

BBC NEWS

Firm wins £100m Army gadget bid
    A multi-million pound contract to fit Army vehicles has been won by a Cambridgeshire engineering company.

Marshall of Cambridge will fit the latest gadgetry in 5,000 cargo and recovery trucks for the British Army.

Terry Holloway of Marshall said they were "delighted" to have won the contract, which is worth £100m over the next 10 years.

The company said the business will secure its future for years to come, and create up to 100 jobs.

"There was some very fierce competition for this particular support vehicle contract" said Mr Holloway.

"It is going to provide long term employment for Marshall of Cambridge."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/3736732.stm

Link to Marshall SV

http://www.marshallsv.com/

2. Hmmmmph says someone who has had many dealings with Marshalls getting contracts for military equipment, and nothing is squaddie proof that is just a challenge :!:

3. Have they been picked because they are british, or because of technical excellence?

Sound like the army's new field ambulance.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,3604,1324241,00.html

4. I dunno, I defy anyone to break a bouncy rubber ball, though having seen some REME types wielding a soldering iron ...

5. Nothing is squaddie proof. They can break anything.

6. Yeah nothing is squaddie proof.

Anyone got a spare pad of 1045s?

:wink: :lol:

7. I think 4 ton Bedford MK\MJ's came close though.

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The RAF Trauma Management Vehicle:

[​IMG]

Not Land Rover, and not Marshalls. The RAF have recently started taking delivery of new NHS-style Mercedes ambulances for off-airfield use, also not made by Marshalls. Interestingly, the Project Officer for both vehs is a medic who had the novel idea of procuring the best quality and what the users wanted!

9. Marshalls aren't bad. I've worked in box-bodies for a long time, most of them made by Marshalls, they've been pretty dependable and well-built. Usually, if there's a c0ck-up, it boils down to the usual collection of idiots at DPA.

10. Burn the heritic!!! :D He'll not go far if he keeps doing things like that.

Squadie proof? - leave them in a sealed room with 2 steel balls and they'll break one and lose the other!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neither is your picture VB - it's a Pinzgauer - Austrian pedigree, British manufacture. Hope your aircraft recce is better than your vehicle recce. Of course the picture may not be the subject of the text - even more confusing.

12. Well said mate. NOTHING is squaddie proof.

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

This includes Cpl's hoop.

Allegedly.

:wink:

14. As my Saintly grandmother used to say, "KISS MY A$$, YOU SMELLY B@STARD!"

:D :D :D

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I can sense the love !

8O