Squaddie Escapes From Kidnappers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sc_obvious, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done that man.
    But left to local police and RMP's they wont catch anyone :wink:

2. Good skills and glad he's safe but a clear warning about the dangers of strolling around certain places on ones lonesome.

3. Good drills that man! Must've been sh1tting a brick for a while there...

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Why did I read that as "Pte Bloggs slipped out of camp for a night, and realised he had missed a parade/been caught out of bounds/been involved in a scrap. Using good military initiative, he made up a plausible (but ultimately unverifiable) load of tosh to bluff his way out of it"

5. Well played young man!

6. Sounds suspect me thinks.....

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Didn't the Yanks have a couple killedin Kuwait City in the late '90's
    I'm sure that was the reason they weren't allowed of Camp Doha

8. I think we can expect more of this in ME countries that would not have been previously perceived as dangerous. Nice one squaddie for staying cool and using the head

9. As a mover he is probably used to escaping tricky situations by the skin of his teeth! :wink:

P-T

10. Strong work. Knowing my luck I would have landed badly, snapped a leg and then been hit by a Al Jazeera news lorry...

11. ........maybe because you are a cynical old git :wink:

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Or well versed in the unbelievable levels of initiative the British soldier can display to try and dig themselves out of trouble!

13. Yeah right! I knew of a Jolly Jack who was adrift from H.M.S Penelope many years ago in the Med, we brought him off shore after he had been gone over his liberty, the Jack was a mess, covered in blood and vomit, got aboard and a Chief Buffer copped him, "Adrift, First Lts. defaulters in the mornin.," "I was kidernapperd Chief, straight up". "Bollox, stating a falsehood as well, get forrard." LMFAO, True. :D :D :D :D :D

14. Can you do this one in English :lol: