Sqn level adjs

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by quiller, Apr 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i remember that at one stage (pre SDR) that independant units had a Sqn adjudant to help aministration, now does anyone know if this was the rule for all sub-units or only independant ones? I wonder if in the coming review we might get something similar reimposed again, it would then allow the TA COC to train as opposed to doing permanent admin.

2. there phasing out nrps over the coming years, they might be planning the same for psao's, though were the surplus officers will come from who knows

3. I think it was only the independent sub-units. Regiments/Battalions had an adjutant at RHQ/BHQ with NRPS Captains at sub unit. We were also blessed, until SDR, with NRPS, TSIs (WO2/SSGT) at two of my unit's troop level TACs. Some bright spark at Wilton then replaced 30 years of experience with regular corporals who, spookily enough, did the bare minimum, cost almost as much and in our case went off the rails at high speed.

4. I'm pretty sure that the two armoured TA Yeomanry regts (RY and QOY) had regular Adjs in there sabre sqns as well as a reg SSM as well as trade PSIs and a couple of Tprs for donkey work during the week on the tank park.

5. Airfix wrote "I'm pretty sure that the two armoured TA Yeomanry regts (RY and QOY) had regular Adjs in there sabre sqns as well as a reg SSM as well as trade PSIs and a couple of Tprs for donkey work during the week on the tank park. "

Absolutely right, and it ended at SDR when the Sqns lost their full complement of sabres. It was a great system for all concerned before it finished. That said, I subsequently had an ex cav PSAO who was and still is an outstanding individual.