Sqn Ldr Chris Dixon (Green Leader)- RIP

Discussion in 'Southern Africa' started by baboon6, Oct 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got an email saying that Squadron Leader Chris Dixon, the famed "Green Leader" of the raid by the Rhodesian Air Force on Westlands Farm in Zambia, died in Harare on Friday 21 October. He had been suffering from cancer for some time.

ORAFs - Old Rhodesian Air Force Sods Chris Dixon: OurStory.com - Capture your stories, save them permanently.

'Green Leader' Raid on Rebel Camps in Zambia - YouTube

I have the whole 22 minute tape in mp3 format I will upload it sometime.

I didn't know Chris but some of my Rhodie/Zimbo mates did and he was by all accounts a hell of a guy.

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 2
  2. RIP - Blue Skies, Green Leader.
    You brought the good news to many a terr turned floppie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry to hear that. Hamba Gahle, Boss.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bit late, but RIP.

5. It is with the deapest regret the I have leaned of the passing of Sqadron Leader Cris Dixon. I copied most of the transmitions on 121.3Mhz this being after the initial tower contact so I missed the good bit.
    Gods Speed my friend.

" The only thing required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

In this case good men reacted as they should and justice was served for my Aunti Margret.
    Pete. RIC

6. Where have you been living that you only heard about it now??

7. To Baboon 6
    Your will probably understand that when I finally left my military endeavours
    Behind in 1982 I wished only to live quietly and raise a family, which I have done.
    We're do I live, in a very obscure little town in central Australia.
    I only tripped over this web site by accident recently, my computer skills are somewhat limited.
    To find something about Cris on this site, something that I could relate to was a huge surprise to me.
    Thanks for asking tho, I'm not very good at this and suffer very poor health so contact is a blessing.
    My very best regards

Pete

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks for the post, it is the first I heard of the passing.May he rest in peace.