Spy Bins

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Acid_Tin, Feb 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, I know it's The Grauniad but it's still news! :D
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Have to be some double hard B*sard chip to survive all the dogy doo that goes into mine, recycle that you toZZers
  3. Nanny state or what?

you can't even decide what goes in your bin anymore without Mr goodytwoshoes councilor to tell you what to do! :roll:
  4. Have you ever seen the way that the wheely-bins are handled by the six-fingered, web-footed m0ngs, sorry, make that "Refuse collection operatives"? If they survive for a week they'll be lucky.
  5. If you smash it, does No. 2 send a repair man almost straight away to repair it, ala Prisoner stylee.
  6. I have some experience of this. The chips in question are RFID chips (radio frequency ID) they are esssentially are a radio readable bar code. So what is happening here is fundamentally the same as purchasing a can of beans by having a checkout person pass it through a barcode scanner. In the case of the beans you pay to take possession and pay to dispose of the contents of the bin.

The adaption to the bin is minimal if indeed it could be considered an adaption at all. If you look underneath the rim of your wheeled bin there is a cylindrical recess. The chip is ensconced in a plastic plug which is inserted into this recess. It is located so that it is beside the antenna on the binlift.

As for Mr Pelling...... :roll: