Spva home visit?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Soapybeaver, Jul 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was recently discharged on medical grounds and I filled in an AFCS form. I have just got letter saying that they have came to a descision and they want to come to my house to explain it. I have never heard if this before and wondering if it's a good or bad thing. As recently any descision has not been going well via the spva as still having ongoing issue with tier decisions etc.

Has anyone heard of the home visit to notify of decisions before. Any help or advice would be great.
  2. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I think I had an interim pay out from my MD documentation which was pretty swiftly followed up by a home visit by an independant GP after which I got a top up payment as final settlement.

That was 10 years ago though.

3. Cheers, though still a bit confused as there not doing a medical. Just a spva civvie sitting down with me explaining there decision. I am probably just stressing over nothing. It's not been the smoothest transition back into civvy life so far!
  4. Yes mate they do home visits. They've visited me three times, the last time was last December. There was nothing to worry about. Back in 2005 a helpful SPVA chap came from the Newton Abbot office, in the days when they had regional offices and before the restructure. The SPVA have a welfare service.