Spurs

Discussion in 'Officers' started by devexwarrior, Mar 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My George Boots have circular holes in the back of the heels. Are these compatible with spurs? or am I looking at new boots/shoes that can take spurs (and the expense therein).

BTW how much are a set of spurs?

2. Depends on how much you want to spedn really. you can generally go to the Regimental tailor and pick up a second-hand set for as little as 30 pounds if oyu like. Alternatively, you can go silly and spend upwards of 150. Depends on what you want.

Sounds like your george boots are compatible, but only with certain kind of spur..

3. Most stick-in spurs (of the type advertised in the site above) require the heel to be boxed. This is a square hole with a metal cat flap contraption therein which helps to hold the spur in place.

This is all well and good in theory, but swan necked spurs have a tendecy to fly out at the most inopportune moments, so best buy yourself two pairs at once.

4. Too true, has cost me a fair bit buying more Spurs. But that said, better to box the george boots than shell out for wellies.

Now on to the other Spurs.......... :headbang:

AY