Spurious Rumour!

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Drop_Short, Feb 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having had a cracking day at Sandown (and a cracking head the next day), I can vaguely remember being surprised at the influx of field BCs to 16 Regt....

Are the powers that be planning for 16 to move over to field gunnery? 8O

And will we then see GBAD being handed over to the RAF! 8O :roll: 8O

Who knows?

Or alternatively are MCM Div just having a laugh!!! :lol: :lol:

2. Too right - noticed exactly the same thing myself.

Give it ten years, and we'll not see GBAD for dust, in my opinion. Then no doubt we'll go head to head with someone who possesses a credible air threat, and we'll get spanked.

However, must question your focus Drop_Short; why not concentrate on
    the abundance of totty wandering aimlessly about? I remember one delightful creature from Oxford UOTC called Hannah something (not compromising OPSEC, surely)..would that I was twenty years younger...

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

GBAD - They would be the blokes that went to was in Iraq and ended up doing PW Guards...???

4. This duty rumour was rolled out on amany an occasion on 7 AD Bde's recent Ex...

So what's the educated opinion on this matter, will the raf have a monopoly on the black art of GBAD and will I have to forget everything about a HVM equipped Bty in favour of the Light Gun....

"There may be trouble ahead....."

5. Suits me - big guns far sexier than FSC.

6. Deep joy
    Cloud punchers no more :D

7. Just going to reconfirm that it was just a spot of rumour control I overheard whilst on Centaurs Charge a couple of weeks ago..... 'tis the Army Rumour Sersevice and all...

On that note.... seeing as the Ex. Centaurs Charge thread has gone the same way as Lord Lucan (ie dissapeared) which other arrse callsigns were there (seemed like quite an abundance of 105 Regt on the thread before it got pulled).

Bloody UOTC eh?

8. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Are we going to get into this discussion again CC?? :wink:

9. err probably not.... I'll behave! 8O

Mind you I've recieved an email or two from a colleague adding to the whole spurious rumour thingymajigg.....

The mind boggles eh?

10. CC the general feeling is this: 16 Regt fairly safe as Raf Regt (and RAF in general) are on a sticky wicket where Rapier is concerned, possibly find out for sure on wednesday.
    104/105 who knows possibly re role as gun bunnies.
    HVM is going to get chopped its just a case of where.
    7 Bde future ?????????
    Woolwich closing sooner rather than later if 16 Regt get bigger

Theres loads of speculation out there but no doubt the answers will be out in the very near future.

11. Baited Breath.... I trust Wednesday is reffering to some Defence Select Committee report etc ?

Bigger budget this year but more places for it to be spread... hence the MoD's a bit skint! What's new eh? Bloody bean-counters. :evil:

12. CC as it is only rumour and 105 have just converted to HVM (at great cost) Im not sure, how far we can take this however word around our Bty is that starting to build how it wont just be for cermonial that gun drill will be performed, thats if teh reg still exists 8O . Still ours is not to reason why, so long as they keep us goin eh! (it does seem teh royal reg isnt the most popular at the moment eh! although i suppose everones feeling the pinch!)

13. From the defence review...

:roll:

14. Hmmm, makes me wonder if there is any point going to Tenby later in the year if they are going to take away our current toys.

15. Makes me wonder why theyve spent teh last year training up/converting an entire regiment just to change there role! And then they go on about costs/value for money :evil: