Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

SPS SOLDIER AT BIG H clearly not ??WITH FINGERS IN THE TILL

Perturbed said:
When on ops and without access to certain items I never objected to paying over the top amounts for luxuries. If I had objected, I would just not pay for them. Simple.

Yeeeeeees. And do you always pay in sequentially numbered bundles of notes?

Sixty said:
FrankCastle said:
bitterandtwisted said:
I have slighty changed the link now as the is the latest news

Pity you did'nt change the spelling...or is SPS a cover name for 49 Para? :roll:

Um, Frank. SPS is Staff & Personnel Support, a branch of the AGC :roll:

You mean he's not a steely-eyed dealer of death? How disappointing!

B0llocks...either a Blond Moment or too much blood in my beer stream! :oops:

I shall Interview myself Without Coffee! :salut:

Fifth_Columnist said:
Perturbed said:
When on ops and without access to certain items I never objected to paying over the top amounts for luxuries. If I had objected, I would just not pay for them. Simple.

Good point. Was the whole lot of money sequentially numbered or just parts of it? IIRC when getting money from the pay clerk it tended to be numbered sequentially. I would then just put it in my wallet.

I am a tad distrusting of the Times now. Mainly because of the way they reported the Prince Harry story WRT ARRSE.

Perturbed said:
Fifth_Columnist said:
Perturbed said:

Good point. Was the whole lot of money sequentially numbered or just parts of it? IIRC when getting money from the pay clerk it tended to be numbered sequentially. I would then just put it in my wallet.

I am a tad distrusting of the Times now. Mainly because of the way they reported the Prince Harry story WRT ARRSE.

It states that the bills were sequential and $100 bills, i'd put this down to the prosecution being inept and not really having any evidence, which means they should never have gone this far in the first place. In any court across the land they'd dump anything like this unless there was at the very least some evidence linking the money to missing funds, but since they can't even work out if funds are missing that's even worse!

Argee2007 said:
Perturbed said:
Fifth_Columnist said:
Perturbed said:

It states that the bills were sequential and $100 bills, i'd put this down to the prosecution being inept and not really having any evidence, which means they should never have gone this far in the first place. In any court across the land they'd dump anything like this unless there was at the very least some evidence linking the money to missing funds, but since they can't even work out if funds are missing that's even worse!

It does say that. That does not mean it is true though, does it?

The Times used to be a very reliable source of news, sadly that is no longer true. The Times is now no more trusted than the Sun (by me).

IMHO looks like someone senior in the Branch (SIB) decided to give it a run without the expense of sending one of his investigators to the US of A and make enquiries at the Fed. (no joke intended) Treasury.
Pretty easy to evidence where that all came from I would have thought, sequentially numbered bills and all that.
Or perhaps that would have opened a whole new can of beans when the undisclosed material thus gathered would have to have been disclosed?
Just guessing, but has ALS heard of money laundering and possessing criminal property? Only a thought.
Good luck to him now though, it is all academic.

Biscuits_AB said:
Exactly. If they couldn't prove where the money came from, how did it even reach Court's Martial? Were ALS hoping that it may come out in court?

To put the bloke through all of that and the nonsense which attaches itself to being the subject of an investigation, particularly when the subject holds the position of responsibility which SSgt McKay held, is appalling behaviour. The amount of stress he must have been forced to endure. At least he employed a competent lawyer.

putting my cynical head on... so the money was found to be missing, prompting an investigation? then lo and behold they find a huge sum of sequential bills in someones flowerpot, and he used to be in charge of it.

not saying he's guilty. but i think we would all agree it's a mighty big coincidence and your old mob were quite right to be a tad suspicious.

just because they couldn't prove he stole it doesn't mean i believe a crock of shite about making $371,000 in 3 months by selling mars bars on the side. and i suspect you don't either :ROLL: that's over $4000 A DAY IN PROFIT. he should go on fucking Dragons Den with skills like that.

as you well know, not enough evidence often means "did it cleverly". not sure harrythebastard should be actually wishing the chap luck.

if i had to wager on the truth, i know where my money would go. unfortunately i don't want to be in trouble for libel :)

Completley agree CR. More to this than advertised, me thinks. They (investigation team) are not just going along the lines of just a tip off. They would have to get evidence from the RMP auditing team, and sounds like the accounts didnt balance. I know that at least 2 SPS in my trade whom have been accused and both got away with it, when its been blatently obv they have been skimming the accounts. One left the army with a new house, I sh!t you not.

Its more common than you think, because it can so easy to do with creative accounting, with the right acumen and manipulation of figures.

I am not besmirking the good name of the AGC, being a member myself, as I would say the 98% of the corps have account integrity but you always get the odd couple of bad apples.

With one case, one of the guys, the level of the cost of investigation for auditing ran so far and so long, it wouldnt have been financially viable to continue and the guy was a civvie when it was discovered.

I am not saying SSgt Mckay IS guilty. But if the accounts dont balance, as we are taught on our imprest /regy accounts course, the accountant themselves are to call the RMP in any instance, as to allay any suspicion that 'creative accounting' has occured. Which can beg the question whether he was trained or on not in his personal circumstances.

Also I thought if you are doing work that is not for the army you are to ask the CO's permission, I bet he didnt. Again he is abusing his post for his own gains, again which you are not supposed to in our line of work - we are taught this at worthy down.

Last time I looked you were innocent until proven guilty. Nevertheless, taking a case to court without any evidence of guilt to even offer, does appear to be a tad amateurish. Wasn't this 'defiency' spotted beforehand?

(Loved the comment about the Dragons Den by the way CR)

(Bitterandtwisted...he may have left with a house, but he didn't keep it)

harrythebastard said:
IMHO looks like someone senior in the Branch (SIB) decided to give it a run without the expense of sending one of his investigators to the US of A and make enquiries at the Fed. (no joke intended) Treasury.
Pretty easy to evidence where that all came from I would have thought, sequentially numbered bills and all that.
Or perhaps that would have opened a whole new can of beans when the undisclosed material thus gathered would have to have been disclosed?
Just guessing, but has ALS heard of money laundering and possessing criminal property? Only a thought.
Good luck to him now though, it is all academic.

Would they really have overlooked something like this though Harold?