SPS Manning Gaps

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Ferg, Jan 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This month have four postings out without any nominated replacements. Just off TELIC and told we're no longer a priority for manning so we'll just have to "manage the gaps". Is this the norm accross the Branch? How's everyone elses AGC(SPS) manning?
  2. I don't think that there is one AGC(SPS) Det that is fully manned. We are expected to do the work of 3 clerks each, with no extra help and still do the military stuff as well. That's why (for the moaners out there) admin offices are usually closed in the afternoon, so that the clerks can catch up with all the work brought in by the soldiers, and the officers who can't be bothered thinking for themselves. And of course it would be so good for clerks to finish work at the same time as everyone else, and not still be working 'till 10 - 11 o'clock at night!
  3. Gaps are a fact of life. MCM Div have no option other than to fully man the units that are about to deploy - which means that those who have just returned take the pain in most cases.

Whilst not wishing to cast JPA as a panacea to cure all ills - the SPS establishment of a unit will undoubtedly shrink once JPA is implemented. As there is approximately a 0.00% chance of anyone getting redundancy the manning situation should become less overstretched then.

And as a wise man once said to me .... 'Every gap is an opportunity for someone to shine'. But then again he was from MCM Div ........
  4. You have already given the correct explanation - you are just off TELIC and no longer a priority - other units who perhaps are scheduled for deployment ARE a higher priority. The last unit I was in without a gap was 11 years ago.
  5. what can I say, there are manning gaps elsewhere in the army coz everyone is festering away bored off their nut in Chicksands. Every clerk that Ive spoken to here is at the end of there tether with the place. One unit has got five clerks 1 Cpl, 2 LCpl, 1 Pte and a SSgt and they reckon they've done at 4 hours woek between them in the year or so they've been here!
  6. Naughty naughty Fruitbat dont upset the clurks or it could be pick a continent cos your next wages are going there. :lol:
  7. I am a clerk, at Chicksands!!! I'm bored off my nut too!
  8. Cant you torture crabs down there for some fun?
  9. I am confused with this. The AGC formed with a fully manned Pay Corps, WRAC and RAOC staff clerks. They then get gazzilions of other clerks on formation with hundreds of transfer ins and Commonwealth recruits....so how can the AGC have all these gaps ? I wonder if they have a retention problem ?