Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Sprogs and redarrses..the number game..

copey

Old Salt
Just been chatting with one of the lads at work and he recons there are people joining up now who's numbers start with 3-0...??
is this a wah?

The_Snail said:
Praetorian said:
copey said:
who's numbers start with 3-0...??
is this a wah?

No Wah! 300XXXXX

I can confirm, No Wah. I saw a few assignment (posting) orders today with 30......... on them.
Slug
Was that on your assignment order Sprog oh sorry just remembered you have got one of the old, very old WRAC numbers lezzer :twisted:

Are you going to get your protecter Fatbadge to beat me up :D

I heard that it's 30xxxxxx because it's a tri-service number. However, recently when sifting through the mail I noticed a 2nd LT with the number 2521xxxx. Then I was told that officers numbers are now the same as anyone elses. However, I've been led to believe people who join up now are 30xxxxxx???

a lot of the ex r irish lads who joined our unit have been given new 300 numbers instead of keeping their old ones. its like being back in week 1 day 1 trying to remember your number

I'm joining the T.A. soon, but my old number was 248***** - will I still have it, or will I have to memorise a bl00dy new one?

I thought that you kept your original service number, but check with the recruiting office where you are going. Will you be going in with any rank as this may affect it?

Nearly all re-joiners will be given new army numbers.

JPA can very rarely cope with someone getting out to return to service.

Couple of instances of a "-2" after the army number when processing allows the system to recognise an old number.

AFAIK recently commisioned officers will hold onto their 25xxxxxx number until they are gazetted and receive either the 5xxxxx or the new tri service 300xxxxx.

JPA, what a great system.