Springtime for Hitler in Pickering ???

I find all this dressing up a bit silly, but that is all. I am trying to imagine what sort of moron could find it "offensive".
..... a moron like me who finds it offensive to see 20 stone 40 somethings dressed as 1st Airborne, 20 stone 40 somethings dressed as Spitfire pilots and 20 stone 40 somethings dressed as Heer panzer commanders. Its not the uniform, its the sweaty blobbies wearing them that i find offensive.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
..... a moron like me who finds it offensive to see 20 stone 40 somethings dressed as 1st Airborne, 20 stone 40 somethings dressed as Spitfire pilots and 20 stone 40 somethings dressed as Heer panzer commanders. Its not the uniform, its the sweaty blobbies wearing them that i find offensive.
OK you Fatist Fat Shamer>:)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Let’s face like the Belgians would do any thing apart from roll over and play dead.
The Belgians for the size of them, did quite well in the first one. Knocked the schlieffen plan off for a bit. Allowing the British army to get across.

(Of course the surprisingly rapid deployment of the Russian army may have helped too)

I don't find this sort of thing very funny, my grandad was badly wounded during the war, he had his tongue shot off. He never liked to talk about it.

I think with respect, it's far more to do with the fact that no has had to go to war for several decades that is the problem. There's enough whataboutery anyway. My dad went through the last one. I have a photo of him at Butlins in 1947 and he looks just like he's had enough, skinny as a rake. I also had granddads medical board papers from about the same time and he went through both, Sand fly in Mesopotamia 1917. Perhaps the reenactors might try those.

I find all this dressing up a bit silly, but that is all. I am trying to imagine what sort of moron could find it "offensive".
I agree it seems a wee bit snowflakey but I also don't see the need for a ruckload of Waffen SS fat bastards to parade around a railway station giving it the big we are.
There are far too many types who get into the SS gear & think its flash & has not meaning.
I did some ww2 re-enacting as a teenager way back in the early 80s & the group i was with just went with a Heer outfit - one of the Mountain Divs. No one gave a shit about SS bollocks & anyone who turned up in that get up was fcuked off a the high port. Thats not to say there wasn't a load of regalia & equipment changing hands. THere was.
I also don't see why the boxhead lot would rock up to an event in UK for a 40's weekend when the useless shitebags couldn't cross the channel in the actual shindig. If you're trying to be historically accurate feck off to northern France & find a collaborator or several thousand.........

75B03E19-70D6-45A9-A259-33F4A6A2EE42.jpeg

@HappyNomad are you the one, second from the right?

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
I agree it seems a wee bit snowflakey but I also don't see the need for a ruckload of Waffen SS fat bastards to parade around a railway station giving it the big we are.
There are far too many types who get into the SS gear & think its flash & has not meaning.
I did some ww2 re-enacting as a teenager way back in the early 80s & the group i was with just went with a Heer outfit - one of the Mountain Divs. No one gave a shit about SS bollocks & anyone who turned up in that get up was fcuked off a the high port. Thats not to say there wasn't a load of regalia & equipment changing hands. THere was.
I also don't see why the boxhead lot would rock up to an event in UK for a 40's weekend when the useless shitebags couldn't cross the channel in the actual shindig. If you're trying to be historically accurate feck off to northern France & find a collaborator or several thousand.........
Calm down, calm down.