Spraying Webbing?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Fadism, Feb 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I saw a thread on here about spraying webbing.

I purchased a very cheap chest rig from Dragon Supplies and I wanted to convert it to a more British DPM colour.

I was going to head down to my local crafts store and pick up some fabric sprays, Just as simple as spray and dry? Any tips on people who have done it in the past? I know its possiable because alot of SF Spray there gear when changing areas.

Im thinking, Base layer green, then work in some brown and darker green to break it up.

Thanks !

2. In terms of the scheme, look at your combats, base layer is khaki, then green, then brown, then black. Light up to darkest.
    Please tell me how it goes and what brand you use.

3. Will do mate and Thanks for the advice, Should have noticed that!

Im hoping to be able to get discounted desert kit as its thrown out for Multi-cam and spray it and use/re-sell.

4. That was my plan, all the tailored desert kit and top range kit is on sale due to mtp so would be good, the desert kit already has the khaki base layer already so you only need brown, green and black.

5. Im going to avoid black for the moment, Blend in some dead fern type colors, Light browny.

When I do it, Ill post pictures/guide and then Ill spend serious money on some desert airbourne webbing.

6. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

First rule of business, NEVER tell anyone your idea before you execute it, especially in an open forum.

Now all the airsofting walts will be doing it themselves and you won't make any tokens to spend at CadetDirect.com

;-)

7. Spray painting kit is so last year!!! (Well I was doing it in the 70's and the Rhodies were doing it in the 60's).

What you want to do is cut up those nice new issued MTP combat jackets and stitch it on to your webbing and you be really 'Ali'. Honestly you will.

When asked by QM/OC or Big Badge say it was recommended on ARRSE.

8. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

hahahaha, I remember using oil paints and dpm material on the 58 way back when, now where did I leave my SLR?

9. If you've seen any of the handiwork done by 'Them' , you'll realise that they get Stevie Wonder to do it for them ! :)

Remember those pink painted olive green PLCE bergans ? :)

Back in the day we used to use the sheep colouring sprays sold by agricultural warehouses to do our '58 / '44. Something about not damaging the cotton like normal spray paint.

Not sure if solvent type paints have an impact on long term lifespan of plastic kit. Bound to be an expert on here with proper knowledge turn up soon.

Dogs

10. Haha, I know this lad whos a cadet (Not me, Contrary to belief) Hes 18 and is very ally. (Will make thread later) ;)

No matter how many tokens I had, I wouldnt spend them on Rip Direct.

At the moment im looking for a "partner" of such, To do this with. IF anyones intrested they can inbox me and I will sort it out.

11. What about the paint sold by dragon supplies? Designed for vehicles but they use it on kit?

12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thanks for posting that.

I saw a Triumph Speedmaster painted as a Spitfire and have wondered about doing (or having it done) a custom paint job on my Bonneville. Triumph Bonneville in MTP. Celebration of Britishness or just Arrse?

13. If it Makes a difference it will be used for 58 pattern webbing. Also how can we prevent the webbing from absorbing water? Is their any good waterproof spray? That we can apply paint over?