Spray paint for Boots?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Caboose, Aug 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys can anyone tell me where to purchase spray paint for boots? so i can bull over the top and not have to worry about them :)

Yes it lazy! Yes its not the proper way! But show parades are bone, we get them for the bonest things, so this would help me out slightly.

2. You want a can of CPL from the REME G10 store.

3. You can't bull over spray paint as it will crack. Use Klear instead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. There's plenty of spray paint on the Boots in Tottenham.

• Like Like x 1
  5. is that just going to run in this lovely weather we are having?

6. How would i go about getting that?

And how did you get a picture of me in your avatar?

7. CPL from Halfords, about £8 a can , polish as norm then spray lightly build up coats and leave to dry overnight ,after use it will crack as the same as Bull, brush then light coat and then leave to dry for 15min....job done

• Like Like x 1
  8. FFS if what you're proposing doesn't land you with more show parades, the world must have moved on and left me behind. Or there's a conspiracy. If show parades are bone, don't you have a union rep or something?

Use Morello. Can't beat it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. No union rep lol just a plan of avoiding them - don't talk on the marching route is one!!

10. H3

H3 LE

Feck me just sign off ! what else do you think is Bone and try to cut corners on ..... Hang on you may just have your cards marked so with all the cut backs and changes yet to come you could even be on your way out ;0)

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Is that Lots of Laughs? Or Lots of Love? I couldnt give a **** about the maintainence of your footwear but Mummy needs to know if you are laughing or loving with her lovely son. And we do not want to **** with Mummy, do we cupcakes?

• Like Like x 2
  12. i don't like ******* corpse's but hey ill try anything once!

13. i thought it was just infantry getting the chop

14. Get your own pair of boots (own as in privately purchased) and pay an expert to bull them to perfection. Once they're done, coat them with a clear Araldite epoxy gel. Don't tell anybody what you've done or you'll probably have the boots confiscated or be forbidden to wear them.

15. Back in the 60's Meltonian did a spray paint called "Wet Look". Dried to a very high gloss and didn't crack. It was used by professional shoe repairers to repair scuffed patent leather.

It was also used on my school shoes...

I can't find a reference to it on the internet, but you could try asking at a shoe repairers (not a kiosk) what the current equivalent is.

• Like Like x 1