Spr saves friends life in Helmand

A Sapper serving with 28 Engineer Regiment in Afghanistan recently saved his friend's life following an improvised explosive device (IED) blast in the pitch black during a night-time patrol.

Linky

well done FELLA!!!!

Thanks for the link Nige...

Well Done Lcpl Moffat! your friend will no doubt thank you with a keg or two when he recovers ...

Gundulph said:

Well Done Lcpl Moffat! your friend will no doubt thank you with a keg or two when he recovers ...
Good lad but I don’t believe he had beer in his mind when he carried out the act His mate probably owed him money, you know what engineers are like

topkop said:
Gundulph said:

Good lad but I don’t believe he had beer in his mind when he carried out the act His mate probably owed him money, you know what engineers are like
Ja Ne Rasumijem! No mate, you obviously don't know Sappers that well, believe me it will have been Beer on the mind and not money :wink:

Gundulph said:
topkop said:
Gundulph said:

Ja Ne Rasumijem! No mate, you obviously don't know Sappers that well, believe me it will have been Beer on the mind and not money :wink:
I was going to say the guy had already been crated. Still bloody good effort well done.

Nice to read these things but can imagine it's, unfortunately, an everyday occurence out there. Normal blokes doing an extraordinary job and we civvies back here appreciate your efforts. Thanks.

Moff is a top bloke, this proves it! Good effort big fellah! Taff-D, PM sent