SPotY 2021 Mid Period Appraisal Review (MPAR)

Our resident expert GPMG Gunner extraordinaire appears to have gone AWOL.

Perhaps he's on YouTube trying to gain tips on GPMG drills.
Q. Which bit of the GPMG is called "Margarine" and which bit is known as "The Bacon Slicer".

Over to you my GPMG loving friend @The Assassin.

Whats the nemonic for GPMG stoppages then.

I was a GPMG Gunner. I still remember the stoppage drills etc..
Ooooh! Ooooh! I know this one! Is it “Keep adding belts ‘til the barrel melts!” Do I win £5?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Slight thread drift, has anyone else had the privilege of firing one of these?

View attachment 582517
Yes! on the dems. range in Kosovo, along with a Thomson (stick not drum mag) a Mauser M2 (IIRC) and a few other assorted bits of stuff we 'found' or took off the locals...
It was a shame to hand some of it over for disposal, the Mauser in particular was a well engineered and well looked after rifle.
Also spend a day putting russkie clockwork guidance systems beyond use and disposing of cases of russkie defensive grenades, some of which may have had 0sec. fuzes!. (or whatever you EOD types call them).

Truxx

LE
Yes! on the dems. range in Kosovo, along with a Thomson (stick not drum mag) a Mauser M2 (IIRC) and a few other assorted bits of stuff we 'found' or took off the locals...
It was a shame to hand some of it over for disposal, the Mauser in particular was a well engineered and well looked after rifle.
Also spend a day putting russkie clockwork guidance systems beyond use and disposing of cases of russkie defensive grenades, some of which may have had 0sec. fuzes!. (or whatever you EOD types call them).
I did exactly that in Kosovo too, having stopped en route to buy half a dozen watermelon to shoot at. Biggest disappointment was the Thompson. Heavy and took ages to demolish a watermelon. The prize for turning the most rounds into empty cases in the shortest possible time however, went to the Skorpion SMG.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I did exactly that in Kosovo too, having stopped en route to buy half a dozen watermelon to shoot at. Biggest disappointment was the Thompson. Heavy and took ages to demolish a watermelon. The prize for turning the most rounds into empty cases in the shortest possible time however, went to the Skorpion SMG.
We had a small collection of RPG-18's that had the venturi tubes cut at the point of seizure to make safe, application of black & nasty around the tube made them usable again - well, useable enough to launch into the hillside as a bit of a crowd-pleaser! I remember there being the remains of a vehicle onsite, someone tried to hit the exposed engine block with one of the RPG's, which ended up ricocheting off it and going skywards..... all the rest went into the hillside after that.

We had a small collection of RPG-18's that had the venturi tubes cut at the point of seizure to make safe, application of black & nasty around the tube made them usable again - well, useable enough to launch into the hillside as a bit of a crowd-pleaser! I remember there being the remains of a vehicle onsite, someone tried to hit the exposed engine block with one of the RPG's, which ended up ricocheting off it and going skywards..... all the rest went into the hillside after that.
Christ on a bike. That reminds me of the general rule in Afghanistan that if an ANA soldier is using an RPG, then make sure you are no where near it, such was their attitude towards 'Equipment Care' and 'Weapon Maintenance'.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Christ on a bike. That reminds me of the general rule in Afghanistan that if an ANA soldier is using an RPG, then make sure you are no where near it, such was their attitude towards 'Equipment Care' and 'Weapon Maintenance'.
Did you ever see the ANA in the sangars around Karzai's 'palace' - the ones with RPG-7's? If they'd ever been fired the sangar would have looked like the window into a kebab shop...

Did you ever see the ANA in the sangars around Karzai's 'palace' - the ones with RPG-7's? If they'd ever been fired the sangar would have looked like the window into a kebab shop...

You can’t educate the ANA either, they thought it very manly and heroic to rip pressure plates out of the ground, so the taliban just put a victim operated switch on the victim operated switch.

MPAR @ipso_facto

After a brilliant start with your roundly-condemned yet entertaining moon-howling about the US elections, you need to assert your leadership by informing the Arrseratti about the restoration of Trump to the Presidency. This will cement your ascendancy into the Pantheon of SPOTY, and give the rest of us vicarious fun through cruel loon-poking.

Well, let's see what happens with the Arizona audit. If Sleepy Jo won fairly, the audit will prove it. So, I'm wondering why the Demoncrats have been so desperate to stop it?

On a different note, do you get off on being so self-righteous?

Latest Threads