Spoty 2019 Final

Who is this year's deserving outright winner?

• Bravo-Bravo

Votes: 113 48.5%
  • Redshift

Votes: 85 36.5%
  • Amazing_Lobster

Votes: 77 33.0%
  • Baglock

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • Robme

Votes: 15 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
However did Brotherton Lad fail to make the cut?

Mind you, this week has been punishment enough for him.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I have Bravo_Bravo down as a late developer. Two years ago, people would have scoffed at the idea that he would be the SPOTY 2019 front runner. And now the bookmakers are close to stopping taking bets on him.

It's a sad story of mental decline and meths...

Wordsmith

NSP

LE
I have Bravo_Bravo down as a late developer. Two years ago, people would have scoffed at the idea that he would be the SPOTY 2019 front runner. And now the bookmakers are close to stopping taking bets on him.

It's a sad story of mental decline and meths...

Wordsmith
Nah - it's due to having signed on with the TA AR too late to account for much 7.62mm, instead having to be satisfied with 5.56mm on range days instead.

Or something...

Awol

LE
Redshift has recently been taking the abuse with noticeable good humour, which counts for something in my book. He has also stayed on Arrse despite a tidal wave of abuse, which again, in my book, stands for something.

His critics point to the various holes in his tales of birth/Marine Core membership/abseiling etc and they are valid points, but I see those things as indicative of an insecure personality who is desperate to be accepted by the Arrse collective and not someone who is a troll or is vindictive in any way.

Nah - it's due to having signed on with the TA AR too late to account for much 7.62mm, instead having to be satisfied with 5.56mm on range days instead.

Or something...
Tell us more about your tall tales of 7.62mm in your chopper?

NSP

LE
Tell us more about your tall tales of 7.62mm in your chopper?
Are you really that bored?

By the way, our choppers aren't armed. Although sometimes one can't help but wonder about CHC flights out of Aberdeen and whether they should be, just for shits and giggles..

Last edited:
I voted Redshift, purely on the basis he is the arrse equivilent of one of those annoying adds that pop up when"researching" online.
Nothing at all to add to whatever is being discussed but - generates something just to become involved in the discussion.

I could start a thread about the time I wild-camped on The Moon and slept inside an eskimo - 5 posts down he'd be there with "Reminds me of the time I..." - and a few pictures off google to qualify whatever.

I suppose he is the online equivilent of 'Muzak'.
Obviously got a few issues. I can't hate him for it...life's too short for that shit.
Just wish he'd recalibrate himself a bit and realise - this is not a forum where we try to out-do each other...or even pretend to have done things likely many on here may have done. We are a forum of very mixed people, of very varied experiences - people who would never had likely met as "friends" or even enemies in the 'real world'.
No point pretending about anything in order to 'join the club' because...there is no club.ob

We are a big casserole of cockwombles, rejected by m*msnet and banished from the bottom end of the DM website. We all simmer in our own juices in this corner of the internet.

I'm gonna report myself now for trying to sound profound in naafi.
More like if you mention you've been to Tenerife, Redshift will make claim to boring stories of his adventures in Fourerife while thinking it's Elevenerife, Lob-on will have a perfectly evasive mumble about his own lecturing at Fourerife College so it must be true, Baggie will take a shite on whatever takes it's interest when it isn't off getting blotto, and B_B will cry about people notionally crying in his own mind about him being less hard than a soft boiled egg.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joker62 The NAAFI Bar 269
Joker62 The NAAFI Bar 347
Joker62 The NAAFI Bar 1502

Latest Threads