Spotting the symptoms of drug abuse

#1
I am after a bit of advice which may be of use to all. I would like help in trying to spot the symptoms of drug abuse (i.e. heroin, cocaine,ecstacy and other drugs). I have scoured the internet, which has lots of information but not what im really looking for. What changes of behavior do you expect to see? What physical changes/symptoms should you look for?

I have put this thread in here on advice from the MODs, apologies if it has been done before but I did try the search function.
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#2
....talk To Frank?

Cycles of increased energy, restlessness, and inability to sleep (often seen in stimulants)
Abnormally slow movements, speech or reaction time, confusion and disorientation (often seen in opiates, benzodiazepines and barbiturates)
Sudden weight loss or weight gain
Cycles of excessive sleep
Unexpected changes in clothing, such as constantly wearing long sleeved shirts, to hide scarring at injection sites
Suspected drug paraphernalia such as unexplained pipes, roach clips or syringes
For snorted drugs, chronic troubles with sinusitis or nosebleeds
For smoked drugs, a persistent cough or bronchitis, leading to coughing up excessive mucus or blood.
Progressive severe dental problems (especially with methamphetamine)
......just a few then 8O
 
#8
jarrod248 said:
sapere_aude said:
I am after a bit of advice which may be of use to all. I would like help in trying to spot the symptoms of drug abuse (i.e. heroin, cocaine,ecstacy and other drugs). I have scoured the internet, which has lots of information but not what im really looking for. What changes of behavior do you expect to see? What physical changes/symptoms should you look for?

I have put this thread in here on advice from the MODs, apologies if it has been done before but I did try the search function.
What is the problem, why are you asking?
There are certain people at my unit who I suspect. I'm sorry to be vague but this is ongoing. PERSEC etc..
 
#9
jarrod248 said:
sapere_aude said:
jarrod248 said:
sapere_aude said:
I am after a bit of advice which may be of use to all. I would like help in trying to spot the symptoms of drug abuse (i.e. heroin, cocaine,ecstacy and other drugs). I have scoured the internet, which has lots of information but not what im really looking for. What changes of behavior do you expect to see? What physical changes/symptoms should you look for?

I have put this thread in here on advice from the MODs, apologies if it has been done before but I did try the search function.
What is the problem, why are you asking?
There are certain people at my unit who I suspect. I'm sorry to be vague but this is ongoing. PERSEC etc..
Why do you suspect? pm me if you wish.
Why? So you can drug them some more and then bum them you deviant?
 
#10
sapere_aude said:
jarrod248 said:
sapere_aude said:
I am after a bit of advice which may be of use to all. I would like help in trying to spot the symptoms of drug abuse (i.e. heroin, cocaine,ecstacy and other drugs). I have scoured the internet, which has lots of information but not what im really looking for. What changes of behavior do you expect to see? What physical changes/symptoms should you look for?

I have put this thread in here on advice from the MODs, apologies if it has been done before but I did try the search function.
What is the problem, why are you asking?
There are certain people at my unit who I suspect. I'm sorry to be vague but this is ongoing. PERSEC etc..
So how hard is it to work it out, blood, p1ss or mouth swab sample will give you the answer. :roll:
 
#13
sapere_aude said:
I am after a bit of advice which may be of use to all. I would like help in trying to spot the symptoms of drug abuse (i.e. heroin, cocaine,ecstacy and other drugs). I have scoured the internet, which has lots of information but not what im really looking for. What changes of behavior do you expect to see? What physical changes/symptoms should you look for?

I have put this thread in here on advice from the MODs, apologies if it has been done before but I did try the search function.
have you tried stealing their piss whilst they are distracted at the urinal and testing it yourself?
 

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
#14
Tremaine said:
....talk To Frank?

Cycles of increased energy, restlessness, and inability to sleep (often seen in stimulants)
Abnormally slow movements, speech or reaction time, confusion and disorientation (often seen in opiates, )
Sudden weight loss or weight gain
Cycles of excessive sleep
Unexpected changes in clothing, such as constantly wearing long sleeved shirts, to hide scarring at injection sites
Suspected drug paraphernalia such as unexplained pipes, roach clips or syringes
For snorted drugs, chronic troubles with sinusitis or nosebleeds
For smoked drugs, a persistent cough or bronchitis, leading to coughing up excessive mucus or blood.
Progressive severe dental problems (especially with methamphetamine)
......just a few then 8O
So the full-on junkie then? If you're around anyone doing benzodiazepines and barbiturates, you will know about it. Trust me.

As for wearing long sleeved shirts to hide track marks? I kinda dont think that is what the thread starter is looking for.

OK, junkies aside... how to spot a doper?

1) Uppers (Coke, Meth, Speed) A dry mouth. Look for strings of saliva between the lips / teeth. Talking but not listening. Agitation - watch their hands. Big pupils. Shifty eyes. Sweating too much.

2) Downers (smack, sleepers). They itch and scratch. Slow, relaxed speech. Small pupils - 'pinned'.

3) Halucinagenics (Acid, E's, psylocybin) Like uppers but nutty. Its hard to hide it when you're tripping. May quote Jefferson Airplane or their dead Mother.

4) Blow (hashish, skunk, temple balls). Leave them alone. They are no harm to anybody. Unless they are operating heavy machinery or anything that flies. Unless you are in Columbia, when its OK. Or the RAF, you know?

5) Glue (glue). They stink of glue and talk gibberish.

6) Alcohol (Stella, Laphroig, Guiness, White Lighning) Hey, its legal. Whats your problem?



Hope this helps.
 
#15
JoseyWales said:
sapere_aude said:
jarrod248 said:
sapere_aude said:
I am after a bit of advice which may be of use to all. I would like help in trying to spot the symptoms of drug abuse (i.e. heroin, cocaine,ecstacy and other drugs). I have scoured the internet, which has lots of information but not what im really looking for. What changes of behavior do you expect to see? What physical changes/symptoms should you look for?

I have put this thread in here on advice from the MODs, apologies if it has been done before but I did try the search function.
What is the problem, why are you asking?
There are certain people at my unit who I suspect. I'm sorry to be vague but this is ongoing. PERSEC etc..
So how hard is it to work it out, blood, p1ss or mouth swab sample will give you the answer. :roll:
The piss has been taken, so to speak.
 
#16
TheIronDuke said:
Tremaine said:
....talk To Frank?

Cycles of increased energy, restlessness, and inability to sleep (often seen in stimulants)
Abnormally slow movements, speech or reaction time, confusion and disorientation (often seen in opiates, )
Sudden weight loss or weight gain
Cycles of excessive sleep
Unexpected changes in clothing, such as constantly wearing long sleeved shirts, to hide scarring at injection sites
Suspected drug paraphernalia such as unexplained pipes, roach clips or syringes
For snorted drugs, chronic troubles with sinusitis or nosebleeds
For smoked drugs, a persistent cough or bronchitis, leading to coughing up excessive mucus or blood.
Progressive severe dental problems (especially with methamphetamine)
......just a few then 8O
So the full-on junkie then? If you're around anyone doing benzodiazepines and barbiturates, you will know about it. Trust me.

As for wearing long sleeved shirts to hide track marks? I kinda dont think that is what the thread starter is looking for.

OK, junkies aside... how to spot a doper?

1) Uppers (Coke, Meth, Speed) A dry mouth. Look for strings of saliva between the lips / teeth. Talking but not listening. Agitation - watch their hands. Big pupils. Shifty eyes. Sweating too much.

2) Downers (smack, sleepers). They itch and scratch. Slow, relaxed speech. Small pupils - 'pinned'.

3) Halucinagenics (Acid, E's, psylocybin) Like uppers but nutty. Its hard to hide is when you're tripping. May quote Jefferson Airplane or their dead Mother.

4) Blow (hashish, skunk, temple balls). Leave them alone. They are no harm to anybody. Unless they are operating heavy machinery or anything that flies. Unless you are in Columbia, when its OK.

5) Glue (glue). They stink of glue and talk gibberish.

6) Alcohol (Stella, Laphroig, Guiness, White Lighning) Hey, its legal. Whats your problem?



Hope this helps.
Thanks IronDuke, this was more along the lines I was looking for.
 

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
#19
crow_bag said:
Surely a call to your local friendly CDT team will weed out any drug users
Yeah, technically. But its more fun to stalk them, hunt them down then blackmail them.
 
#20
One signs is sweating, looking grey around the face, and stinking like Gorrila's arm-pit.... because Junkies don't wash and are not to particular about their personal hygiene..... If they don't change their socks and skiddies for several weeks..... then take them out and give them a 'Regimental Bath' with scrubbing brushes. :oops: :oops:

Oops! I've given my secrets away again..... boo hooo! :?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Private_Pike The Intelligence Cell 25
J Multinational HQ 2
Goatman Aviation 5

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top