Spotter Alert.....RRS Mess Dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by blonde_guy, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I always thought that the RRS wore a kilt with their mess dress, and have seen this too at balls & dinners.....

yet having watched Master Chef last night, it seems they also wear Trews? anyone know of the dress regs?
  2. More worrying,
    lance jacks in the WO & SNCO'S MESS!
  3. The SCOTS can wear either, depending on the formality of the event.

I would give a link to the dress regs, but they're on ArmyNet. Just go to Units & Orgs / Regiments / SCOTS / RHQ and you'll find a link

4. saw that too and thought it strange...............
  5. Spotted the lanc jack too, very strange set up.

Maybe he's the WO+sgt's mess chef and was treated to a slap up meal by the shows contestants?
  6. There is no such thing as RRS, I take it you mean SCOTS. Highland regiments have always worn the kilt with mess dress, dont know about trews though. lowland regiments have always worn trews until we got lumped together with the Highland regiments now we have to wear that crap as well. Kilt at a wedding fine, at a Scotland game great as part of your working dress on a Friday or for wear in the mess complete pants and more expence as we have to buy horrid shoes and silly socks.
  7. Shut up ya sassenach!