Spotted by Commanding Officer?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bezza, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if I sound stupid but I heard that it was possible for a soldier to be spotted by their Commanding Officer and enter Sandhurst that way. Is this true? And how common is this?

Just out of interest lol

2. I'm not serving but this is what I've gleaned from the site;

It is possible for a soldier to be 'spotted' by his CO. This as far as I understand will result in a meeting where the possibility of Officer training is put forward to the soldier and depending on the soldiers response he may begin the officer application process.
    However if this happens the soldiers is still required to attend both the AOSB briefing and Mainboard so it is no way a short cut to a commision as your post appears to hint at.

3. LE Commision maybe.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on using this as a method to get rupertised!

4. lol No no no Bad_Crow it's nothing like that I was just curious as to wither it was possible

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

It is entirely possible, and if a soldier displays the correct qualities then he can attend RCB and transfer as a DE officer.

This can happen at any stage in a career, from basic/phase 2 training, and i've even seen Corporals disappear and emerge as Lt's a couple of years later.

All of them however had their personality sucked out of them, were issued corduroys and shirts with the cuffs rolled back, and pink slacks if they were on the pull.

If there is anything worse than a rodney, it's a Pte/JNCO who's become a DE rodney.

LE's are fine, if you like the smell of cabbage - they're just artisans with more money.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I'd just like to clarify that the first half of my previous post was serious - it is entirely possible to be selected for officer training whilst you are undergoing basic/phase 2 training, or even a few years into your career, as long as you display the right qualities, and are either identified as a potential officer, or express your ambition to become one and undergo assessment.

I'd also like to clarify that the second half of the above post is accurate, you judas, turncoat, labrador walking, shite dressing bastards :D

(JG, i know you're an Arrser, pull me up if you dare :D )