spotted an Arrser at tankfest

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Can't be Fally as they are far too smart, AND there is only ONE bottle of booze!

Plus the walts are wearing run of the mill wehrmacht dress and not Fallschirmjager uniform which is well ally. I'm also much better looking and always have the obligatory roll up in my gob on any photo event.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
shouldnt he have a para helmet, rompersuit and lace up boots?

No British wings up, so obviously not him.
I suspect Falls will have his german ones too. One of them looks like Bernie Winters!

Met a bunch of these guys at Bletchley Park. Not one of the buggers spoke German. If you're going to do something, do it properly!

Stitch the turds with a mag of Bren and chuck a No.77 at their feet. They should be showing some pride and walting as Tommies.

No soldier under the rank of Obergefreiter should have an MP40. These men appear to be wearing the uniforms of regular Soldat(ers?). Also, the shoulderboards look dodgy. Infantry boards had white edges, I think it was Cavalrymen who had yellow.

I do know some stuff. About the wrong Army..

Grosse deutchland landsers, not dirt darts
Just so - a brace of GD Unteroffiziere, hence the MP38/40s. Small quibble, the GD logo on the shoulder straps should be either white metal or white embroidery. The boots are dubious for the M1943 tunics and trousers, would have expected ankle boots and gaiters, rather than Marschstiefeln.

A cab, you say? And is that my coat?

Fuck me! To think I used to rant about M3s painted grey with crosses on, and assorted Yank tanks used in The battle of the bulge.

Some of you aren't just anorak wearers, you're M+S anorak wearers.

Gentlemen, I salute you!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
ankle boots and gaiters! they werent that cruel were they? I mean they banned press ups and all sorts of stuff due to adolf and safety regulations.

Fuck me! To think I used to rant about M3s painted grey with crosses on, and assorted Yank tanks used in The battle of the bulge.

Some of you aren't just anorak wearers, you're M+S anorak wearers.

Gentlemen, I salute you!
I'll have you know it's a BeVo anorak. Yes, yes, cabbie, I know you're waiting, just coming....

Spotter walts. The bloody lot of you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VanHelsing The NAAFI Bar 67
Harry_Boomers The NAAFI Bar 10
Forces_Sweetheart Army Pay, Claims & JPA 1