• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Spot the Syrian gat!

1st Pic, L to R

M1Garand*, AKS, MPi-Km

2nd Pic, L to R

AK47, Steyr AUG, PKM, AKMS, M70AB2

3rd Pic
Stg 44

* Odd the Garand is likely from Jordanian sources as the IDF was never given any, but the Jordies were

Wonder where the ammo for the Stg44 is coming from? Iirc it was a 7.92mm short, but could be wrong. I also read somewhere on t'interweb that ammo was in short supply for the Germans when was in service, so doubt there was shed loads surplus stashed away somewhere after the last unpleasantness.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app

Wonder where the ammo for the Stg44 is coming from? Iirc it was a 7.92mm short, but could be wrong. I also read somewhere on t'interweb that ammo was in short supply for the Germans when was in service, so doubt there was shed loads surplus stashed away somewhere after the last unpleasantness.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app
We found shitloads of STG 44 in Baghdad. one of Saddams sons palaces near BIAP had dozens. Somewhere I have a pic of an ODA all holding Stg in each hand.

We found shitloads of STG 44 in Baghdad. one of Saddams sons palaces near BIAP had dozens. Somewhere I have a pic of an ODA all holding Stg in each hand.
ISTR the East German border guards used them well into the 1950s, so someone in the Soviet bloc was obviously making the ammo post-WW2.

* Odd the Garand is likely from Jordanian sources as the IDF was never given any, but the Jordies were
there's been M1's floating around Lebanon for decades, that one looks quite tidy too....

Wonder where the ammo for the Stg44 is coming from? Iirc it was a 7.92mm short,
the East Germans made it from the end of WW2 to atleast '88 looking at some headstamps. the Yugos the same, theres a few munitions companys (mostly in eastern europe) who do production batches to this day.

semi-auto stg-44's are made for civvies today, I'm looking into bringing some into the UK as section 1 stright-pulls along with FG-42's (this is a LONG term plan due to licening requirments and legal issues and quite a while away)

http://www.ssd-weapon.com/web_en/produkte_en.htm

GSG are making a semi-auto .22lr version, it will be in UK shops soon. if someone isnt allready importing it.

http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php/en/stg44-tech-en

Neah it's the lens making it look longer.

Thats another AK, it's got the curly mag and the sov block sling with metal rings, you can also see the gap between the front edge of the mag and where the hand guard starts.

Latest Threads