Spot the errors

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Provost, Jun 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how many sky dishes were in Belfast in the 70's?

2. That squaddie with his slr around the back of his neck?

3. You mean Daniel Boone?

4. It must have taken them weeks to tidy Blackburn up enough to get it ready for filming.

Liked the girl with the IPhone.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Good one.

6. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

Lamp posts are too modern as are the burglar alarms.

7. Something is bothering me about the flak jackets, but I don't know what it is.

8. Speed hump (Same pic as the sky dish... er Commcen)

9. Jerry cans in the outside bins on the Bedford, it was a loooong time ago but I think that was a no no.

10. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

And door bells look too modern, Plus in one of the pics you can see a Virgin Media cable coming out the ground.

11. Missing the plastic shoulder pad with the sticky out bit? But I have no idea when they were introduced.

12. That ones up for discussion. I think that the early ones were kind of Vietnam pattern.. i.e. without.

13. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

None of the rioters look like they have just left a Bay City Rollers gig topped off with a mullet hair "style". None of the Squaddies have Mungo Jerry sidies and Pancho Sanza 'tache.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Depends what part of the 70's - there were at least two patterns and the without plastic shoulder ones were a vietnam era US pattern as memory serves. which these could well be, but there is something bothering me about them.

Perhaps they're the right ones, but clean