spot the difference...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Hantslad, Aug 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Welll precedent set either way! Either the chap in Lymington gets let off or there will have to be an investigation into the Larkhill Vandalism!

2. I saw the gold postbox on Sark last weekend. I was overcome with emotion. Not.

3. I hate these spot the different competitions....is one of the post box letter slots bigger or is it different delivery times????

• Like Like x 1
  4. All aboard Postman Pats bus!

5. Very talented bloke Ben Ainslie , but I still think his best moment was in Gandhi.

• Like Like x 2
  6. No wonder the country is bankrupt!

The state provision of outrage buses must cost a fortune given the unbelievably low bar for entry to ones youman right to express ones outrage of the outrageous and the ridiculous. I bet if people had to pay for their own outrage bus and travel permits, the level of outrage would diminish considerably and the outrageous outrage be eliminate except in the confines of ones own private habitate.

Moreover, I do believe the explosion in quantity of public outrage has severly lowered the quality of genuine, deserved outrage.

7. Thats outragous

8. You missed the ongoing guerrilla postbox painting row in Bramhope, home of (or not, depending on your point of view) of the Brownlee brothers. Mind you, it did look like it had been done by a blind decorator with Humbrol and a tar brush.

9. The difference is the Lymington one was painted by the Royal Mail so they give a sh*t and the Larkhill one was painted by some sad dropshort in the middle of the night and not the Royal Mail so they don't give a sh*t

Simple really ^~

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

This made me laugh:

And it follows the painting of a postbox bronze in Doddington, Lincolnshire, to congratulate the British women's hockey team, who beat New Zealand in a third-place play-off.
    A Royal Mail spokeswoman told the Guardian: 'We understand the sentiment and congratulate the women's hockey team on their achievement. However, we'd rather people left the painting of postboxes to us. We are liaising with our engineers to ensure that it is repainted red as soon as possible.'

Read more: Please stop painting our postboxes, pleads Royal Mail as public takes tribute to Team GB medal winners into their own hands | Mail Online

You what? An 'engineer' to paint something red? I can just imagine the 'liaison':

'Is that Dave the painter? (all trade blokes shorten their name) Steven here (managers never shorten their name). Someone has painted a post box gold, can you repaint it red please?'
    Dave: 'What a cnut. Be down this afternoon, should take me no longer than 30 mins.'
    Steven: 'Thanks.'

Job done. Engineer my arse.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I suppose if he makes a mess once he has painted it the Council will get their Broom shaft technician to come down and clean up.

12. Actually neither were officially sanctioned by Royal Mail