Spot the deliberate mistake

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CQMS, Aug 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Daily Mail.

Nice of them to publish an article admonishing the BBC for an inaccuracy.

2. Haha! The irony!
  3. Member of the Spitfire family: A Hurricane Mk I from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
    Member of the Spitfire family? I didn't know that Hawkers were part of Supermarine during the war...

WWII Spitfires flying high to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain
    Well two anyway - and furthest from the camera.

Attached Files:

4. Well, when 'research assistants' believe that research is spelt 'Google' but with not so many 'guh' sounds, then what do you expect? At least they got the right war, FFS.
  5. Mind you, the Wail hasn't quite got it right either. The script between the two webpage images states:

There was me thinking the war had lasted another four years.
  6. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Please tell me you are a on medication or something.....was sort of the point of the thread...

7. Even got a later Mk of Spitfire than was present in 1940!
  8. Well spotted, I am sure that the world will be surprised to find that Von Stauffenberg was actually a Captain in the Waffen SS as the picture shows.
    Dummkopf Telegraaf/images/icons/icon13.png
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Delivery of a glass house and some stones for the Daily Mail please
  10. My aircraft recognition is a bit rusty, are they Bell Airacobras?
  11. They look like it to me - they've got the cannon appearing from the propellor hub and the exhaust stubs behind the cockpit.
  12. My Aircraft recognition may also be a bit rusty but the big FO front wheel points away from the Spitfire
  13. I imagine von Stauffenberg would have been grateful on 20 July for a Waffen SS Captain's uniform and a fast car...not to mention his arm and eye mysteriously back in place! Who is that SS chap? Stauffenberg walt!

Those are indeed Airacobras...not exactly an air superiority fighter but a very effective (in Soviet livery) ground attack aircraft.
  14. And, if I'm not mistaken, the Spit is a Mk Vb. (I remember building the Airfix model of that very aircraft as a wee lad.)