• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Spot the deliberate mistake

Member of the Spitfire family: A Hurricane Mk I from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
Member of the Spitfire family? I didn't know that Hawkers were part of Supermarine during the war...

WWII Spitfires flying high to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain
Well two anyway - and furthest from the camera.

Attachments

Well, when 'research assistants' believe that research is spelt 'Google' but with not so many 'guh' sounds, then what do you expect? At least they got the right war, FFS.

R

Reversionary_Modes

Mind you, the Wail hasn't quite got it right either. The script between the two webpage images states:

Winging it: BBC homepage use image of planes that were not used in the Battle of Britain. The aircraft was ordered from the US, but didn't arrive in the UK until September 1941, a year after the war had ended
There was me thinking the war had lasted another four years.

I imagine von Stauffenberg would have been grateful on 20 July for a Waffen SS Captain's uniform and a fast car...not to mention his arm and eye mysteriously back in place! Who is that SS chap? Stauffenberg walt!

Those are indeed Airacobras...not exactly an air superiority fighter but a very effective (in Soviet livery) ground attack aircraft.

Latest Threads