Sportsman Gun Centre

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Onen-Hag-Oll, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone had any good experiences with this gun dealer? Iam still waiting for a gun that was ordered a number of weeks ago..I think they keep twisting my melons when I call them....

Sportsman Gun Centre
    Southern Counties Shooting Ground
    Wardon Hill

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

They have been ok with me in the past - if the gun supplier/importer/manufacturer is not supplying quick enough they may have an excuse....
  3. I've only dealt with them face to face which has been fine, though I've had the run around when I was getting a gun repaired under warranty.

The boss tends to be seen mainly at the Exeter branch, probably worth ringing there and having a chat direct with him.
  4. Each person I speak to gives a diffrent reason,and then makes promises that are either not kept or are just never happened..EG..Its been sent by parcel force but never arrived, soI asked can you not use the tracking number to see where it is? We dont have it and cant get it they say..Leave it with us they say................
  5. On the phone and in person I seem to get the feeling that, im a new customer, so they do not give much customer care!
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

That is annoying - if it is not a unique to them product you are buying, threaten to cancel the order as they are not being straight with you.
  7. If you paid by credit card, the might of barclaycard will threaten shops with the removal of card facilities as Barclays can do without the grief of dealing with knobber shops.

Ask to cancel the order, if they still gibber, speak to cc company.
  8. I had a very bad experience with them. PM if you want details

MM :-(

Feck it, why keep it secret.

I had a rifle to sell. They said send it down and we'll have a look and give you a price.

They sent a cheque back for £750.

I challenged them that we had not agreed a price so I'd tear the cheque up and they could send the rifle back. They basically said 'tough, we've already sold it'

They sold it for a grand the day they got it and decided that I could have £750 whether I liked it or not.

We argued for a few days, but I gave up in the end.

9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've bought metallic ammunition from them before with no snags.
  10. Fookin ell, I would have been on to all sorts of people for that.Dont know who, but I would finfd them..There must be an Institute for profesional firearm dealers of something?
  11. Dealt face to face with their Exeter people and no real "problem" but some of them were clearly lacking in terms of customer care.

What really wound me up was a case of the "if it is not out on display we have none" attitude that proved to be a blatent untruth as soon as a grown up appeared.

Enforcement of basic personal hygene standards would not go amiss either. One of the junior numpties smelt like a tramp.
  12. It was a difficult time, new sprog just arrived, short of time and cash, too many other things going on.

They struck lucky I suppose, £250 for one phone call and a sale.

Still TWATS though!
  13. I wouldn't deal with them. My (ex) missus bought me a shooting mat from them (back when we were together obviously!). She ordered a Competitive Edge Dynamics one and got some gash thing they had had made up themselves. They then tried to pass it off as being the same thing. She sent it back and told them to get f cked. Got her money back too.

I wouldn't deal with them. I'd phoned them prior to that about various things and they are bunch of tw ts.

Cancel your order and go with someone else.
  14. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Ordered a Lightforce striker off them a while back (the 170nn one) and it turned up without a bulb. Not exactly an earth shattering omission, but I had to wait an age to get the replacement from them and their excuse sounded bollocks. Ended up buying another bulb myself so that I could actually use the lamp, so the saving from buying the damn thing from them got used up.