Sports Relief..

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spike7451, Mar 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Am I the only one pished off with the BBC constantly ramming 'Sports Relief',Comic Relief' ect down our throats every f*cking week!!??

Who gives a flying f*ck about little blind Aisha who get's the sh1ts from drinking water from the river her da pishes in!

They'll all end up over here anyway (either that or Madonna will fecking adopt one!) claiming benifit & doing the double,dealing drugs....

How about 'Hand Relief'?..where busty slapper tv presenters go out to theatre & give some light relief to the lads on the ground?.....
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No Spike you are certainly not alone in this matter. Otherwise you are a complete hermit (or is that hermer?)

This is ultra cheap TV for the BBC and they can also say that they are doing 'good' with the taxpayers' money.

It would be nice if the Beeb put as much energy into producing quality tv programmes as they did for this, albeint well co-ordinated, crap.
  3. Although it is always good to see money being raised for worthy causes, I tend to agree it is a load of crap and just another excuse for all those "celebs" to show us how much they care. I did want to catch the Ashes to Ashes special, but couldn't be ars*d wading through all the other flotsam, particularly that really annoying, smug tw*t who goes by the name of James Corden.
    Can somebody please take him out?
  4. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I watched about 10 minutes of this last night, it was utter crap. They were all in=mpressed that the all the premier league football clubs managed to rais £250,000. That is shite, if every footballer in the premier legue put 5% of their weekly wage into a pot, they would have had shed loads more than that.

I watched the bike ride thing the night before and was unimpressed at the fact that fern Cotton wasn't wearing lycra shorts or a skimpy top while on the bike.

I did watch celebrity juice though and that was fucking funny.
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I find your comments fairly unfair after watching that tourettes program the other night. Pure comedy genius. Baftas all round methinks.

That alone was worth the licence fee.
  6. People tell me that i have tourettes but thats just a fcuking load of b0ll0cks!
  7. Load of bollox in my opinion. The only thing I have been watching is on BBC 3 - Eddie Izzard doing 43 marathons in 51 days. Fukcing Idiot! :)
  8. On youtube already.

Ashes to Ashes with a laugh track does not work well, IMO.
  9. The various programmes dedicated to some of the events were well worth watching - the Blue Peter bird paddling the Amazon, Eddie Izzard being a marathon lunatic, David Walliams creaming in whilst cycling the length of Britain, etc. Excellent effort all round and great viewing.

The "Sports Relief" night itself though - fucking awful. 30 seconds of decent clips with 20 minutes of claptrap inbetween, repeat for the entire evening. Thank god I had a couple of episodes of "24" to catch up on on Sky+.
  10. Cheers. :thumright: