Sports Personality of the Year 2006 - Mid Term Appraisal

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by fishfingers, Jul 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me and the other arf were chatting last night about possible sports personality of the year. After much head scratching we were at a loss as to who has come up with the goods at the mid term. I doubt if it's going to be any of the England footie team members (Gerrard maybe?). What major events are coming up.

Nicole Cooke, winner of the womens Tour De France last week is fantastic but never gets the recognition she deserves.

Any thoughts?
  2. Sports personality.......they have not got a personality these jumped up hasbeens,failure all of them give it a miss this year.
  3. John McGuiness. Legend.
  4. stevie gerrard for his fa cup antics?
  5. definetly not :(
  6. what about his penalty taking skills?
  7. portugese fitba squad get the vote from us scots :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. how about andy "i'll support anyone but the english!" - "oops, massive U-turn and backdown because my agent told me i was stupid to alienate 90% of the tennis fanbase and i am too f*cking stupid to have realised that on my own before opening my big mouth."

courage of his convictions? nah. but he's the best you sweaty socks have got, so i'm happy with gerrard for the mo knocker ;)
  9. A little bit off topic i know but i have just been asked by a septic "Why doesn't scotland have a soccer team".
    My new best mate he is.
  10. Main award - I'm torn between Teddy Sheringham (on durability grounds) and David Walliams (of Little Britain for his channel swim).

For overseas award, I nominate Sussex's new cricketing sensation - Yasir Arafat.
  11. Andrew Murray

Napoleon Dynamite

12. And the fact he was Englands top scorer with a whopping 2 goals :oops: even though he was constantly played out of position, not started, etc, etc, etc. :evil: :evil:
    However as usual I am totally biased and only see the world through Anfield tinted spectacles. :D :D
    Oh well such is life. :wink:
  13. I thought I could smell redshite.
  14. I guess Kieren Fallon is probably out of the running now (no pun intended).
  15. John McGuiness, Leon Haslam.

No chance of course, because their sport is not 'mainstream' enough. Not even when King Carl Foggy had won his FOURTH world title did he get any recognition. No it went to some arese from liverpool qho scored against Argentine, in a world cup that we didn't win again.